Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think we need one more decent arm to even have a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
      Think we need one more decent arm to even have a shot.
      They absolutely need a # 3 (or better) SP.

Would really like them to aggressively trade for one (or clear salary for the super premium option with Shields). Not sure what else is in the farm of real value, but some combination of Haren, Cishek, Dietrich, some of Koehler/Phelps/Hand, some of Dyson/Conley/RP prospects, and Marlins taking on salary would surely net something decent. (i.e., all things that really don't matter long term).

I like Cosart and Koehler/Phelps/Hand as the 4-5. Not so much as a 3-4-5 when Haren inevitably says F-U to Marlins.

Gotta get those innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        They absolutely need a # 3 (or better) SP.

Would really like them to aggressively trade for one (or clear salary for the super premium option with Shields). Not sure what else is in the farm of real value, but some combination of Haren, Cishek, Dietrich, some of Koehler/Phelps/Hand, some of Dyson/Conley/RP prospects, and Marlins taking on salary would surely net something decent. (i.e., all things that really don't matter long term).

I like Cosart and Koehler/Phelps/Hand as the 4-5. Not so much as a 3-4-5 when Haren inevitably says F-U to Marlins.

Gotta get those innings.
        It's kind of surprising to see that there really hasn't been a market develop yet for Shields or Scherzer. I'm hoping our FO says what the hell and just goes for the homerun. The clock is
        ticking.
        ------------------------------------
        Do you guys think we would of been better off holding on to Casey, have Dee play SS, and Prado at 2ND?
        Last edited by kusch; 01-04-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Yes, but the FO is married to Hech, so that was never going to happen.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Probably not. Take away McGehee's stupid BABIP 1st half and he wasn't any better than Hechavarria offensively.

Dude put up a .620ops in the 2nd half.
            --------------------
            ISO
            McGehee .070
            Hech .080

hilarious
            Last edited by HUGG; 01-04-2015, 02:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• How come you take away his high BABIP in the 1st half but not his lowish BABIP in the 2nd half?

2nd half is closer to his true self but...he's not THAT bad.
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• ok, we'll bump him up to .300 and his OPS will rise to about .640

Comment

• What happens if we bump Adeiny down to .300?

Comment

• Fine, but the fact remains its not some no-brainer decision. McGehee's numbers are fueled by a .360+ babip 1st half from a guy with a career .297 babip.

There's plenty of reason to think McGehee will have a hard time matching Hechavarria's .664ops from last season. It's also possible Hech won't either, but I'll take the younger guy.

The fact Hech had a higher ISO than him is just pathetic.

Comment

• I mean, does it really matter which of them puts up a higher low-.600 OPS? Hech is a lot better defensively and base running. And that says something when Hech is better than you at those.

Comment

• Not to mention Dee Gordon is a terrible defensive SS and Prado is a much much better 3B than 2B

Career UZR/150
                        2B Prado -5.9
                        3B McGehee -1.2
                        SS Gordon -23.3
                        Total -30.4

2B Gordon -3.1
                        3B Prado 5.4
                        SS Hech -9.2
                        Total -6.9

Comment

• Yeah the whole Casey at 3rd/Dee at SS/Prado at 2B would've been a bad idea. As already mentioned Casey's in for a sad but obvious regression similar to his 2nd half stats next season. Getting any decent value for him in a trade was the right move for the Marlins, although it's funny since it seems the Marlins only traded McGehee after an out of nowhere deal where the Marlins were surprised they only had to trade Eovaldi/German for him, got to throw in Jones' contract on the side, AND got a potential #5 starter in the deal as well. Seems like a pretty sweet deal for us and guessing it caught Miami off guard as well.

I'd rather have Hech at SS than the McGehee/Gordon/Prado trio. While I still don't like Hech in the lineup he doesn't hurt us that bad batting 8th and his defense is really useful (since advanced stats seem to contrast on his defense, I'm standing in the middle somewhere saying that his defense isn't Gold Glove like the front office says, but it's definitely above average).
                          --------------------
                          Really Hech just needs to learn plate discipline. A good hitting coach who can teach him that and he maintains his decent ability to hit for contact like last season, his value immediately skyrockets towards middle of the pack SS. I just wish SOMEBODY would teach him how to take some damn walks.
                          Last edited by dim; 01-04-2015, 07:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• According to Jim Bowden of ESPN, the Marlins are showing interest in free agent right-hander James Shields.
                            Several teams have been rumored to have interest in the veteran hurler this winter, though nothing substantive has developed yet. It's likely that he'll have to wait until Max Scherzer signs before his market really heats up. A move to the National League would certainly boost Shields' fantasy appeal.
                            Related: Marlins
                            Rotoworld blurb

---

Ditch Haren and Cishek's salary, get another good arm and more for that, and sign Shields. Sign me up!

Comment

• I can't imagine they would trade Cishek.
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Rotoworld blurb

---

Ditch Haren and Cishek's salary, get another good arm and more for that, and sign Shields. Sign me up!
                                This would get me so pumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X