Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know if we signed Boner that fucker would find a way to start at least 120 games.

Comment

• I would view Bonifacio as a Solano upgrade rather than a the "4th OF" spot

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
        Yeah there's no way we would go 5, especially with the free agent pitchers next year. I know it probably won't happen but hopefully Loria just goes all in and goes for Scherzer.
        He wants eight years. Having Scherzer would be cool and all for the first few seasons, but that deal could really handicap us in the long run.

Comment

• Solano and Bonifacio both would end up with 400 ABs.

Comment

• Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 31m31 minutes ago
            The #Marlins have claimed RHP Preston Claiborne off waivers from the #Yankees He goes on 40 man
            Our 40 man is full now

Comment

• A lot of relievers for 7 spots.

Haren and Cishek get a lot from LAA/SD right?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                A lot of relievers for 7 spots.

Haren and Cishek get a lot from LAA/SD right?
                Does he have options(no clue about the stuff) if so Caminero is probably next on the list to get DFA. Claiborne looks like a decent arm

Haren will end up going for a 4th OF and lower level prospect

Comment

• I believe only one option has been used on Claiborne.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I will be glad to see Arquimedes Caminero find a new team. Saw him play in the minors. Awful!!!! I was hoping he would have been included in one of the trades we made but no such luck.

Comment

• Watch us get Maybin back.

Comment

• Joe Frisaro
                        ‏@JoeFrisaro
                        Dan Haren has informed #Marlins his intentions remain to pitch out West. Details in blog http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com
                        Wonder if this could clear the path for Shields.

Comment

• yes pls
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                            Wonder if this could clear the path for Shields.
                            If they dump Haren and Cishek together, it pays for Shields next season (and gets a likely pretty good prospect with Cishek). Of course, they would then be paying shields $50-70 million the next 3-4 seasons on top of that.

---

I also really wonder what it would take to get CJ Wilson, who they have been linked to in the past. He makes 2/$38 and LAA would have to love to get out of some of that contract. Maybe if LAA would send over like $14 million. It would be:

Angels - 1 year of Haren and save $14 million over 2 years ($38 minus $10 to Haren minus $14 to marlins)

Marlins - 2 years of CJ for 2/$24 (or really 2/$14 including the Haren money and earmarking it for this)

Maybe the Marlins eat another few million of salary to make it more enticing for LAA (have to imagine even if it's 2/$28 for the Marlins they would be OK with that not having him as a longterm commitment and a veteran lefty #3 for 2 seasons), and throw in some lower level back end RP prospects like Dyson/whoever

Anyways. Just saying. Angels and Padres both have deadweight contracts and I think the best bet here is to swap them with Haren.

Comment

• Wilson was kind of crappy last year, though. Plus, his LD% has steadily crept up the last few seasons. Not sure I'd want him even if the Angels ate most of his salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                If they dump Haren and Cishek together, it pays for Shields next season (and gets a likely pretty good prospect with Cishek). Of course, they would then be paying shields $50-70 million the next 3-4 seasons on top of that.

---

I also really wonder what it would take to get CJ Wilson, who they have been linked to in the past. He makes 2/$38 and LAA would have to love to get out of some of that contract. Maybe if LAA would send over like $14 million. It would be:

Angels - 1 year of Haren and save $14 million over 2 years ($38 minus $10 to Haren minus $14 to marlins)

Marlins - 2 years of CJ for 2/$24 (or really 2/$14 including the Haren money and earmarking it for this)

Maybe the Marlins eat another few million of salary to make it more enticing for LAA (have to imagine even if it's 2/$28 for the Marlins they would be OK with that not having him as a longterm commitment and a veteran lefty #3 for 2 seasons), and throw in some lower level back end RP prospects like Dyson/whoever

Anyways. Just saying. Angels and Padres both have deadweight contracts and I think the best bet here is to swap them with Haren.
                                I suggested a trade of that sort on Marlin Maniac a week back. I think he's a nice bounceback candidate. Or an epic fail of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X