This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He goes to the Yankees at 4/$52.

I hate when the Yankees make smart moves.
    poop

Comment

• That seems like a missed opportunity for a floor 2.5 WAR guy. Would have been a fantastic move, especially if Cishek were to turn into a young 1B

Comment

• It's a good contract, but I think he's a better fit for a team like the Yankees than he would've been here. We need some offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          It's a good contract, but I think he's a better fit for a team like the Yankees than he would've been here. We need some offense.
          I agree in theory, but I also feel you take what the market gives. If scarcity/defense is valued appropriately, you take it. Headley and getting the offense at 1B (longterm a McGehee upgrade) would have made sense.

But whatever. No sense debating. Morneau seems to be the only real upgrade out there in my eyes. Not a huge Morse fan, he's 1 win more than Jones/whoever. Would be fine on a 1 year deal but I suspect he will get 2-3.

Comment

• I mean, Morneau was a 2.5 WAR last season in Coors, with his highest BABIP in five seasons. If Morse is only a 1 WAR upgrade, I'm not sure Morneau is all that much better.

Morse also wouldn't cost prospects.
            poop

Comment

• Looks like Haren is serious about retiring if not on the West Coast. The Fish have been talking to a few teams(LAA,SF) about him

Comment

• Eovaldi+prospect for Zobrist, that's what I want now.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                  Eovaldi+prospect for Zobrist, that's what I want now.
                  To play at 1B?....

They also have a strong 1-5 rotation. They aren't a great match

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    To play at 1B?....

They also have a strong 1-5 rotation. They aren't a great match
                    3B.

But I know, it's a extreme long shot. I'm just not loving the other options.

Comment

• I just placed 2 Futures wagers:

Marlins To Win NLCS ($35 to win $1,050) and Marlins To Win World Series ($35 to win $1,155)

Comment

• Its hard to believe Brett Anderson is going to make more money than Dan Haren next year

Comment

• @JeffPassan: Dodgers expected to designate Kyle Jensen for assignment to make room for Brandon McCarthy. Acquired Jensen from Marlins about a month ago.
                          Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Its hard to believe Brett Anderson is going to make more money than Dan Haren next year
                            That's a risk you can take when money ain't a thing. Also he was worth as many wins as Dan haren in 100+ innings less in 2014.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• They are trying to package Garrett Jones with Haren to West Coast teams. Haren has talked to the FO and seems he has no desire to come to Miami BUT wants to play(Guess 10 million does that to ya)

Eovaldi is gonna be sticking around until atleast Jose comes back and when that happens they will either look to trade him or move him to the pen.

The rotation is Alvarez/Latos/Cosart/Eovaldi/Koehler with Rienzo as the depth guy(ML/Minors/SP/RP)

Also looks like Mike Dunn will be sticking around due to the fact the price of LRP are crazy-they wanna add 1 or 2 vets are minor league deals but not till Spring Training
                              Last edited by tjfla; 12-16-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Can only imagine what we could get for the $15m Dan Haren/Garrett Jones fuck you platter.

Comment

Working...
                                X