This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
    You're assuming they're simple minded because you're imposing your belief of what you think they're thinking but you have no idea what they're thinking. Simple minded.
    Actually, this front office has a history of telling you what they're thinking before it happens. When they want something, they get it, and they often overvalue certain categories to get it (as they did with the Dee Gordon trade).
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Hittable stuff that catches too much of the strike zone too consistently. He reminds me a lot of Nolasco in that regard.
    Eovaldi has the same problem that a lot of right-handed fastball/slider guys have.

They get hit hard by left-handed hitters.
    Last edited by Erick; 12-13-2014, 12:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• ### The Marlins have been dangling Nathan Eovaldi in a trade for a first baseman, and entering the weekend, they will were still exploring several first base options: free agent Michael Morse or trades for Pittsburgh’s Pedro Alvarez (whose power they really like), Arizona’s Mark Trumbo, Colorado’s Justin Morneau and Baltimore’s Chris Davis. The Marlins love Morneau, but declined Colorado’s initial request for Henderson Alvarez or Jarred Cosart.
      ### Pitcher Dan Haren hasn’t told the Marlins which way he’s leaning about retirement and the Marlins haven’t given him a deadline. But Haren did tell the Marlins they have a "great" young team.
      ### The Marlins were willing to part with top prospect Andrew Heaney in the Dodgers trade because they had lost some level of conviction about him after his seven big-league appearances. “His confidence and mound presence were not there in the big leagues; he kind of looked like a deer in the headlights,” one Marlins official said.
      Though the Dodgers flipped Heaney to the Angels for All-Star second baseman Howie Kendrick, the Marlins preferred the offer of Haren (and $10 million from the Dodgers to pay Haren or somebody else) and All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon (with the Dodgers agreeing to cover his salary, too).

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
      Miami Herald

Comment

• According to Barry Jackson of Miami Herald, Colorado asking for either Henderson Alvarez or Jarred Cosart in exchange for Morneau. That is incredibly high considering the we would probably add more value by just signing Morse rather than making a trade like that. Morneau isn't THAT good.

Jackson also reports that Chris Davis is still on the discussion board.

I don't think trading a top starter for either is smart.
        --------------------
        Beat me to it
        Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-13-2014, 10:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I wouldn't trade Eovaldi for Morneau either. Get a bat with at least a couple years of control or a decent shot at re-signing and keeping a while, not a 33 year old

Comment

• LOL Alvarez or Cosart for Morneau. That's just insulting us at that point. I understand power playing when a team in need calls but that's just ridiculous. It makes sense why talks died if the Rockies wouldn't budge off that.

Comment

• They Heaney/Nicolino stuff that keeps coming out makes the FO seem so dumb and reactionary...
              poop

Comment

• Deer in the headlights, bobbob.
                --------------------
                *crosses Pedro Alvarez off potential acquisition list*
                Last edited by HUGG; 12-14-2014, 01:45 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I think if you are going to go with a right handed bat at 1st instead of giving a decent payday to Morse the Marlins should look into Dayan Viciedo. With the signing of Melky and rumors were out there the White Sox were looking to trade him before hand. He had a down season last year but still hit 21HR and I have little doubt he could handle 1st I saw him play 3rd in the minors.

Comment

• Career .722ops, he's not very good.

Comment

• He is coming off a bad season. He is still only 25. Also payroll wise he will come considerably cheaper then Morse. I am not saying he is an all star but to me is just as good of an option as Craig or Morse. I feel spending 7-8 million or more a year is too much for Morse and they will cut payroll elsewhere to compensate.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                        He is coming off a bad season. He is still only 25. Also payroll wise he will come considerably cheaper then Morse. I am not saying he is an all star but to me is just as good of an option as Craig or Morse. I feel spending 7-8 million or more a year is too much for Morse and they will cut payroll elsewhere to compensate.
                        Nowhere else really to cut payroll outside of Cishek (which would in all honesty be fine and probably not hurt us)

At this point either they're in it or they're not, they're one move away from being legitimate and they have to realize that
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I just don't see Morse as that one piece and I would rather see them go in some other direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                            Nowhere else really to cut payroll outside of Cishek (which would in all honesty be fine and probably not hurt us)

At this point either they're in it or they're not, they're one move away from being legitimate and they have to realize that

Chase Headley could bring them pretty damn close.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                              He is coming off a bad season. He is still only 25. Also payroll wise he will come considerably cheaper then Morse. I am not saying he is an all star but to me is just as good of an option as Craig or Morse. I feel spending 7-8 million or more a year is too much for Morse and they will cut payroll elsewhere to compensate.
                              the issue for me isn't that he's coming off a bad season, it's that he's never had a good season

Viciedo hit .308/.321/.519 in 106pa when he first came up in 2010. Since then he's hit .250/.297/.418 and his best season was .255/.300/.444. That's terrible production for a 1B.

We all want Jones out and hit .250/.314/.435 in his primary role vs. RH last season, better than Viciedo's best career season.
                              --------------------
                              If Viciedo was a servicable defensive 3B (he's not), I'd be ok with taking the shot on him since he's got 3 years left til FA and, as you said, he's only 25.

But, 1B...nah
                              Last edited by HUGG; 12-15-2014, 09:12 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• MLBTR indicated that Headley received 5/$65MM offer from Astros. Still no confirmation on 4/$65MM.

Comment

Working...
                                X