Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So keeping everyone and no Haren retiring, payroll is approximately $75.

Salty, Mathis
    Jones, Baker, Bour
    Gordon, Dietrich
    Hech, Solano
    McGehee
    yelich
    Ozuna
    Stanton

Alvarez, Latos, Cosart, Haren, Eovaldi
    Cishek, Ramos, Morris, Crow, Koehler, Dunn, Hand

I really wonder if they are hoping Haren retires to slot Koehler back into rotation and replace with Capps. They'd be out of pocket $52ish if we're including Dodger Bucks. That's crazy.

Really would like an ideal scenario of:

Haren retires
    Cishek package for Morneau
    sign Shields

under $85 easily, meaning after Dodger money out of pocket $70 range for a totally great team

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      The Rockies just traded Rutledge, so maybe they'd be in interested in Dietrich? DD, Caminero and another guy for Justin?
      --------------------
      The only "concern" I have now is the Marlins minor league pitching depth. Yes, they have a lot of guys that are going to fight for a rotation spot, but after that, there isn't much in New Orleans on standby that could contribute right away like Heaney and Desco could. Right now I expect the Zephyrs' rotation to be Conley, Nicolino, Urena, Narveson and Robert Morey. I just don't know if any of those guys could be depended on right away if an injury were to happen in May or so. Thoughts?
      Rienzo will be the depth guy- start in AAA and brought up if needed. That was the whole reason why they got him

Also Eovaldi seems to be the guy they are looking to move,they just wanna wait to see what Haren will do first
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        So keeping everyone and no Haren retiring, payroll is approximately $75.

Salty, Mathis
        Jones, Baker, Bour
        Gordon, Dietrich
        Hech, Solano
        McGehee
        yelich
        Ozuna
        Stanton

Alvarez, Latos, Cosart, Haren, Eovaldi
        Cishek, Ramos, Morris, Crow, Koehler, Dunn, Hand

I really wonder if they are hoping Haren retires to slot Koehler back into rotation and replace with Capps. They'd be out of pocket $52ish if we're including Dodger Bucks. That's crazy.

Really would like an ideal scenario of:

Haren retires
        Cishek package for Morneau
        sign Shields

under $85 easily, meaning after Dodger money out of pocket $70 range for a totally great team
        We're in trouble with that roster if any of our outfielders gets injured. Who is the 4th OFer? Another Reed Johnson? Someone like Van Slyke would've been perfect to platoon at first and cover the OF.

Also I don't see the Marlins going after Shields and giving up our draft pick, now that they got Latos

Comment

• Originally posted by xeysz View Post
          We're in trouble with that roster if any of our outfielders gets injured. Who is the 4th OFer? Another Reed Johnson? Someone like Van Slyke would've been perfect to platoon at first and cover the OF.

Also I don't see the Marlins going after Shields and giving up our draft pick, now that they got Latos
          4th OF competition will be Wates,Kenny Wilson,Keys and probably 2 vets on minor league deals with Morse(LF) and Garrett Jones(RF) able to play the corners if needed

Comment

• Assuming they get someone like Morneau to replace Bour on above list, I think the backup outfield is Jones at corners, Yelich moving to CF, and they have played Solano and Baker out there too. I suspect Dietrich will be played in LF at some point too. Not ideal, but you have to imagine the starting OF are 155 game players. If one gets really hurt, it's a trade scenario if they are contending no matter who the backups are. They could use someone like Kike who can play IF/CF as an upgrade over Solano. Bonifacio could make some sense there. Plus imagine their lineups when both he and Gordon start. They wouldn't know what to do with all that speed.

Comment

• I don't like the idea of trading Eovaldi just because Haren comes back. If we're trading Eovaldi, it should be because it makes sense for us in terms of value. Whether or not Haren pitches is irrelevant.

This organization is very simple-minded.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised is Eovaldi has a great year. He was probably our unluckiest starter this year.

Hugg, confirm please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised is Eovaldi has a great year. He was probably our unluckiest starter this year.

Hugg, confirm please.
                  I'm no Hugg, but I'll concur

Comment

• Eh, his LOB% was low, but I think he's always going to be a high BABIP guy.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      I don't like the idea of trading Eovaldi just because Haren comes back. If we're trading Eovaldi, it should be because it makes sense for us in terms of value. Whether or not Haren pitches is irrelevant.

This organization is very simple-minded.
                      You're assuming they're simple minded because you're imposing your belief of what you think they're thinking but you have no idea what they're thinking. Simple minded.
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Kike got dealt to the Dodgers in the Gordon-Heaney trade.

I need to see Jones gone and Haren retiring because that gives the Marlins an additional $15 million to work with in addition to the already $8 million that seems to be hanging around.

They don't need to sign Shields now that they have Latos and with $23 million available to play with you could trade for a guy like Pedro Alvarez or Justin Morneau, or sign Chase Headley and Michael Morse if you so chose. You figure that Headley would get around $13-15 million a season, Morse would get about $7-8 million, and both Morneau and Alvarez are making under $7 million in 2015. Headley + any 1B option here is fantastic. Plus that means you're free to move McGehee to the bench which I think is probably the best bet with him at this point. I don't trust him to have a .360 BABIP and a .350 RISP again this year, so I'd move him out of a spot where he'll get 600 PA and more in a spot starter/platoon/pinch hitter role.

The possibility of a line-up of Gordon, Yelich, Stanton, Morse/Morneau/Alvarez, Ozuna, Headley, Salty, Hech is an intriguing one to say the least. I'd be very happy if the bench was Baker, Solano/Rojas, Dietrich, McGehee, and Mathis. You're talking about a team with 90+ win talent and a $77 million payroll--$65 million of which come from Loria.

Comment

• I also do not want to see any more of McGehee. He seemed like a one-year rental when he first signed him from Japan. He looked good for some of the year, but for the rest of the time he was an extremely limited hitter with a production that just isn't acceptable for a corner infielder.

I don't know the most about Alvarez/Morse/Morneau/Headley, but from looking at career stats and salaries, I would say Alavarez is the most valuable of that bunch offensively. I know Headley is also known for his defense, but he's asking for a lot. Clearly his agent tried to artificially inflate his market. I wouldn't mind seeing McGehee if we have a guy with power and contact potential in the lineup. That's why I think Alvarez would be the best option there. Moving Eovaldi for him seems like a fair deal to me. I don't think he's much better than Koelher.
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                            You're assuming they're simple minded because you're imposing your belief of what you think they're thinking but you have no idea what they're thinking. Simple minded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Eh, his LOB% was low, but I think he's always going to be a high BABIP guy.
                              Based on what factors?
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                              Kike got dealt to the Dodgers in the Gordon-Heaney trade.

I need to see Jones gone and Haren retiring because that gives the Marlins an additional $15 million to work with in addition to the already $8 million that seems to be hanging around.

They don't need to sign Shields now that they have Latos and with $23 million available to play with you could trade for a guy like Pedro Alvarez or Justin Morneau, or sign Chase Headley and Michael Morse if you so chose. You figure that Headley would get around $13-15 million a season, Morse would get about $7-8 million, and both Morneau and Alvarez are making under $7 million in 2015. Headley + any 1B option here is fantastic. Plus that means you're free to move McGehee to the bench which I think is probably the best bet with him at this point. I don't trust him to have a .360 BABIP and a .350 RISP again this year, so I'd move him out of a spot where he'll get 600 PA and more in a spot starter/platoon/pinch hitter role.

The possibility of a line-up of Gordon, Yelich, Stanton, Morse/Morneau/Alvarez, Ozuna, Headley, Salty, Hech is an intriguing one to say the least. I'd be very happy if the bench was Baker, Solano/Rojas, Dietrich, McGehee, and Mathis. You're talking about a team with 90+ win talent and a $77 million payroll--$65 million of which come from Loria.

Bro, there's zero fricking chance McGehee is not in the starting line up.

He's the CUMBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

Can we stop with this stuff?
                              Last edited by Namaste; 12-12-2014, 11:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                Based on what factors?
                                --------------------
                                Hittable stuff that catches too much of the strike zone too consistently. He reminds me a lot of Nolasco in that regard.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X