Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, Morneau makes too much sense for it not to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
      Am eager to find out if they have anything else up their sleeves.
      Without a doubt. They have to upgrade at 1B.

Comment

• @harding_at_mlb: Unless there's an about-face, #Rockies won't trade 1B Justin Morneau, C Wilin Rosario or anyone on current roster before Meetings end today

Comment

• They don't have anything to offer for Morneau. They need to make at least one signing, they just don't have the player assets otherwise.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            They don't have anything to offer for Morneau. They need to make at least one signing, they just don't have the player assets otherwise.
            I mean I don't think anyone thought we had the assets for Latos.

Comment

• the only player assets at this time are Eovaldi and Cishek...seems they aren't going to trade Cishek though
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                the only player assets at this time are Eovaldi and Cishek...seems they aren't going to trade Cishek though
                Cishek is staying and Eovaldi is off the block until they know what Haren is gonna do.

Brad Hand and Garrett Jones are 2 guys on the block and neither is getting any play.

Morse is also on hold while they figure out if they are gonna get a 1B for Eovaldi or what

Comment

• Do you think they'd ever think about possibly hitting McGehee 2nd? If his change in approach from last year sticks it seems like he fits there now. Certainly better than the middle of the lineup.

A Lineup looking like this would be interesting:

1. Gordon 2B
                  2. McGehee 3B
                  3. Yelich LF
                  4. Stanton RF
                  5. 1st Base Acquisition
                  6. Ozuna CF
                  7. Salty C
                  8. Hech SS

Comment

• The Rockies just traded Rutledge, so maybe they'd be in interested in Dietrich? DD, Caminero and another guy for Justin?
                    --------------------
                    The only "concern" I have now is the Marlins minor league pitching depth. Yes, they have a lot of guys that are going to fight for a rotation spot, but after that, there isn't much in New Orleans on standby that could contribute right away like Heaney and Desco could. Right now I expect the Zephyrs' rotation to be Conley, Nicolino, Urena, Narveson and Robert Morey. I just don't know if any of those guys could be depended on right away if an injury were to happen in May or so. Thoughts?
                    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-11-2014, 05:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• If they don't end up trading Eovaldi and Haren does retire, or vice versa, that's the flexibility. You have Alvarez, Latos, Cosart, Eovaldi/Haren, Koehler, and Hand, so one of the last 2 becomes the 6th guy. They're obviously high on Nicolino and there have been reports he'll get a long look in spring, and I think Conley could step in. And of course, when Fernandez comes back in June/July you end up with more depth. And I imagine at some point they sign some veteran AAAA filler type (ie Brian Moehler-esque) for just such an insurance policy.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I don't think we're gonna see Morneau here come next season. But, if we could do something like Eovaldi for Alvarez, I'd jump all over it. That's an actual legitimate power hitter to stick in the line-up. Morse would be nice too but I'm Alvarez > Morse, personally.

Comment

• Looking like options for 1b are really limited now. Not a whole lot left to trade and very little on the free agent market. Just throwing this out there but I wonder if Colby Rasmus could make the transition to 1b Lefty hitter with good power coming off a down year.

Comment

• I don't like the idea of trading Eovaldi for Alvarez. I'd rather go into the season with a Dietrich/Jones-Baker platoon than overpay for someone. Unless it's Chase Headley.

Comment

• while all of these moves have been great, we're still missing the biggest thing we were missing from last season which is a hitter to protect Stanton
                              --------------------
                              Going into next year with baker/jones/Dietrich would be a massive disappointment
                              Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-11-2014, 07:12 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• They need productive hitters. They don't need someone to "protect" Stanton.

Unless we think he got hit by that fastball because there were no good hitters behind him? Cuz, uh, he kinda did fine without protection.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X