Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally reckless speculation here but the Angels want to move C.J Wilson and the Marlins had interest in him when he was a free agent. Possibility of flipping a free Haren for Wilson + Cash?

Comment

• @clarkspencer: #dodgers will pay #marlins $10 million (Haren's salary) whether or not he retires. They're also paying Gordon's projected $2.5 million.

@clarkspencer: #Marlins intend to take $$$ they receive from #dodgers and spend it on first baseman and starter.
      -----------------------
      I kinda like it

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
        @clarkspencer: #dodgers will pay #marlins $10 million (Haren's salary) whether or not he retires. They're also paying Gordon's projected $2.5 million.

@clarkspencer: #Marlins intend to take $$$ they receive from #dodgers and spend it on first baseman and starter.
        -----------------------
        I kinda like it
        Question 1) what first baseman?

Question 2) what starter?
        --------------------
        I mean, if they're taking the money "saved" to sign a 33 year old Mike Morse (a year removed from a .651 OPS) and overpay on a 33 year old Jake Peavy, are we really that happy?
        Last edited by emkayseven; 12-10-2014, 09:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• 1) Michael Morse, as always.
          2) Peavy maybe?
          --------------------
          Oh, you beat me to it on both.
          Last edited by thatnewguy; 12-10-2014, 09:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• great minds think alike

so I ask again, would that really make you happy?
            --------------------
            I mean if we take the money to trade for a Justin Morneau and sign a James Shields, that's one thing
            --------------------
            or PLEASE GOD go out and trade for Cueto, though we no longer have the pieces to do so since we traded Heaney

and I think that's what really pisses me off about this deal. There were a lot of potential deals we could have made and Heaney was the key to all of them. And I can't figure out why this was the one they pulled the trigger on.
            Last edited by emkayseven; 12-10-2014, 09:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Joe Frisaro @JoeFrisaro
              As if #Marlins weren't busy enough today, they still could make another move or two soon

Comment

• Frisaro always thinks this team is making a trade. Is Aroldis Chapman on the team yet?

Comment

• I mean, we seriously must have overvalued Heaney because, like I said earlier, there is no way the Marlins would decide to make this move if there was one drastically better on the table. You're telling me if Cueto were available for the package we gave the Dodgers + an Eovaldi or Dunn, they wouldn't do it?

Comment

• Off-topic, but I wonder what type of starting pitcher(s) this team is looking at. When they picked up Crow, I assumed they picked up another reliever, but there's a lot of chatter that they might give him the opportunity to start.

So, basically, we really need to give up guys like Barnes, Hatcher, etc. for $12 million from the Dodgers because we need to pay free agents, but we're trading to pick up Aaron Crow's salary. A guy with a recent history of mediocre relief work, but the front office apparently thinks he can start. Good stuff.

Usually when you lose a guy like Hatcher, it's not a big deal especially considering the depth of the bullpen. Considering that we just wasted a move on Crow who Hatcher outpitched by a mile last year is making the deal slightly more frustrating though, imo.

Comment

• @JoeFrisaro: The #Marlins still appear to be in hot pursuit of Justin Morneau #Rockies
                      Twitter

Not sure what they'd give up at this point, but at least they have $$ to eat up the salary.

Comment

• Booooooo
                        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                          Plus we have a ton of starting arms.
                          I've seen a lot of people saying this. Is it just me or is this not even true? Our pitching depth is not all that impressive. We're certainly not in a position to call it a surplus that we can afford to give some away.

With the exception of Alvarez (who's probably not as good as his ERA last year), every single member of our rotation has legit question marks.

And, especially without Heaney now, our pitching depth in the minor leagues looks rather mediocre to me.

Comment

• Would be nice to have Rodon to step in and replace Heaney on the depth chart, huh?
                            poop

Comment

• Maybe the fish trade Eovaldi to Rockies for Morneau and then sign a FA pitcher such as Peavy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                Would be nice to have Rodon to step in and replace Heaney on the depth chart, huh?
                                They have nicolino to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X