Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they really don't have any trade assets beyond Heaney.

this offseason should have been about free agency. Oh well.
    poop

Comment

• Jimmy Rollins to the Dodgers. Marlins instantly get better.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm at the Winter Meetings (again.) I haven't heard anything, then again, I've only see Hill and DJ twice. They don't hang around the lobby like everyone else.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          Hi everyone. I'm at the Winter Meetings (again.) I haven't heard anything, then again, I've only see Hill and DJ twice. They don't hang around the lobby like everyone else.
          glad to know they're there
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Loria has a flip phone.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• clarkspencer ‏@clarkspencer 1m1 minute ago
              Hearing same as @Ken_Rosenthal that the #Marlins are no longer in on Miley.
              clarkspencer
              ‏@clarkspencer
              #Marlins thought they were close to deal for Miley but #dbacks pulled out.
              Twitter
              Last edited by marlinsfan24; 12-10-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• I've been a huge fan of all trades made by this team in the last two years, so I trust this one too.

You have to give up something to get something. Dodgers gave up a starter. We have up a prospect that I would give a 50% chance at living up to his potential. I didn't see anything particularly impressive about his pitches when he was up with us.
                --------------------
                Plus we have a ton of starting arms.
                Last edited by BigGameFish; 12-10-2014, 06:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                  I've been a huge fan of all trades made by this team in the last two years, so I trust this one too.
                  Your avatar is hilarious.

Comment

• I giggled
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• The Dodgers gave up a starter, true, but they had a better replacement already waiting in the wings. They had leverage to move Gordon and got a massive package in return. This wasn't a "spend money to make money" type situation. For the Dodgers, this was a logical move and a net positive for their team. For the Marlins, it was giving up a lot for a return that doesn't appear to be worth it.

Comment

• Bob Nightengale @BNightengale
                        The Miami #Marlins and Texas #Rangers are now in active trade talks with the #Dbacks for Wade Miley after talks stalled with #Redsox.
                        --------------------
                        clarkspencer @clarkspencer
                        The #Marlins are again talking to the #dbacks about Wade Miley. Stay tuned.
                        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-10-2014, 08:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• wut

Comment

• Haren would be close to home if traded to AZ. Maybe that was the plan? Haren plus for Miley. If fish get Miley, Gordon and sign Morse I actually won't be as pissed for the hefty sum we paid today.

Comment

• So much for that:

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal
                              #RedSox have agreement in principle for #DBacks’ Miley, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. AZ will get Webster, De La Rosa and a minor leaguer.

Comment

• good I don't trust us with trades anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X