Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any hurry in trading Salty. He's a great locker room guy, who has handled the young pitchers well, so why sell low on him with no real replacement waiting in the wings? If the Marlins plan to trade for an all-star caliber catcher, then fine, but it's not like there are a ton of great catchers in baseball where the Marlins can easily upgrade with him. I'd give him another year and see if he can become the player they hoped they were getting when they signed him.

Comment

• Wonder what TEX would give for Eovaldi or Heaney

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        I don't see any hurry in trading Salty. He's a great locker room guy, who has handled the young pitchers well, so why sell low on him with no real replacement waiting in the wings? If the Marlins plan to trade for an all-star caliber catcher, then fine, but it's not like there are a ton of great catchers in baseball where the Marlins can easily upgrade with him. I'd give him another year and see if he can become the player they hoped they were getting when they signed him.
        Well the plan is Realmuto starting next year so while they probably will keep Salty for now but if someone made a nice offer they would deal him

Jones is the one they wanna deal

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Well the plan is Realmuto starting next year so while they probably will keep Salty for now but if someone made a nice offer they would deal him

Jones is the one they wanna deal
          The plan is Realmuto starting next year?

Comment

• I like him as a locker room guy but he might be the worst defensive catcher I've seen. Misses balls he should catch, has a horrible arm, and is not great at framing a pitch on the black. I don't know how that helps the young guys. If at least he could hit I would understand, as most catchers are either great at one or the other, but he did neither last year.

He would be a nice back up to Realmuto though.
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Redmond on MLB Network just said they expect Fernandez to be back late June/July. Nothing new, but good to hear it again.
              --------------------
              Joel Sherman saying that with Yankees' budget, if Headley goes to NYY they'll be out on all the big pitchers and will go with Pirela/Refsnyder at 2B. Can't imagine that's the route they take
              Last edited by emkayseven; 12-10-2014, 01:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• So it's clear at this point that $65 million from any team for Headley is not happening?

Comment

• frisaro saying we're close to dealing for a bat
                  --------------------
                  Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 3m3 minutes ago
                  From what I hear #Marlins may be closer to dealing for a bat, maybe Morneau, Gordon, Morse? than a pitcher like Miley
                  Last edited by emkayseven; 12-10-2014, 02:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• trading anything of significance for Morneau seems like such a misallocation of resources...
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      trading anything of significance for Morneau seems like such a misallocation of resources...
                      I would say Heaney is really our only "prospect of significance". So if it's a prospect deal for Morneau and he's not included, I'll be fine with it.

Comment

• @JeffPassan: Source: Arizona close to a Wade Miley trade.
                        Twitter

I guess it's not us since we are closer to dealing for a bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                          Twitter

I guess it's not us since we are closer to dealing for a bat.
                          unless its Miley and Trumbo.. I hope not lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I would say Heaney is really our only "prospect of significance". So if it's a prospect deal for Morneau and he's not included, I'll be fine with it.
                            I'm fine with pretty much anyone not named Heaney, Kolek, or German

Comment

• @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Marlins, #Rangers out on Miley. Process of elimination points to #RedSox unless another team is involved.
                              Twitter
                              --------------------
                              @BNightengale: The #Marlins still in picture for #Dbacks Miley
                              Twitter

Again with the back and forth
                              Last edited by Big Z; 12-10-2014, 03:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I don't see the Marlins having the same trade assets as the Sox.

Comment

Working...
                                X