Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it happens, you guys will think, ‘Wow, I never would have thought they would have done that,’” Hill said.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...le4397335.html

I hope "it" happens. Would love to see what's up their sleeves. They seem to be ready to pull the trigger on various ends.

"It" must mean taking on a large sum of salary because that is something we would never imagine them doing. They have been speaking with TEX, and I believe TEX backed off of Dillon Gee last night. I wouldn't trade Eovaldi or Heaney for Profar. Our biggest hole is at 1B and there's no better way to fill it than with Prince. That's a monster bat to put behind Stanton. Only bad thing with Fielder is his defense.
    --------------------
    @BNightengale: The Arizona #Dbacks are now trying to reduce payroll to $90 million; listening to offers for Wade Miley.
    Twitter

I'm sure BoSox will blow our offer away given that they missed on Lester.
    Last edited by Big Z; 12-10-2014, 09:04 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
      Henderson Alvarez shouldn't be traded at all right now considering he's our ace until Jose gets back and Cosart made a really nice transition to Marlins Park and again he's a guy we'll need with Jose out for half the year. It would be stupid to trade them right now.
      I'm not saying to trade them. I'm saying it's dumb to say they are untouchable. The Marlins would obviously have to be blown away to trade Alvarez.

If we are willing to trade Eovaldi, there is no reason Cosart should not be listened to as well. Especially if we can acquire a big bat or an even better pitcher to slot into the rotation. (I have no examples, but just making a point about them not listening on certain players).

It's not about actually trading them, it's the annoying mindset they have that certain players cannot be had. I understand Fernandez, Yelich, and Stanton, but everyone else should be fair game when it comes to improving the club. Yes, I didn't include Ozuna, but he's on the cusp of that list. Boras and the super 2 scare me a bit.

DeSclafani is definitely tradable, and Heaney is available at the right price. Kinda sucks that it seems like Heaney's trade value has diminished a bit since his poor major league debut. Don't know what went wrong with him between his dominating minor league stints to his unimpressive MLB debut (especially since it's definitely not the case of calling up a player too soon). I'd like to see what Heaney can do with the rotation to start next year and see if he can even improve that trade value to where it was back in June.
      Most pitchers come up their rookie season and struggle a bit against major league hitting. Not everyone is Jose Fernandez. I'm not overly worried about Heaney and I doubt his trade value took a major hit, as most prospect lists still love him.

Comment

• @JoeFrisaro: There was a strong belief #Marlins were closing in on some deal through the night. should be interesting day #WinterMeetings
        Twitter

Here we go..

Comment

• They definitely are looking for a lefty starter to trade Heaney for bats.

Kind of like the idea of Fernandez(Koehler), Alvarez, Miley, Cosart, and Eovaldi, with Koehler shifting to longman and being the "6" and Nicolino the "7" for years. Wonder if some collection of Williams/DeScalfani/Urena/German/Conley/Brice/Barnes/Romero/Relievers can get him.

Even better if Eovaldi (or Cosart) is moved for another infielder and they sign a whatever veteran for 2 years (like Peavy).

My guess is they are looking at Heaney/Cishek to Cubs or Red Sox for the obvious bats they could potentially get. Really wonder if they would get Cespedes and just put him or Stanton at 1B even if that seems insane. Just seems like a guy Loria would want.

Comment

• Has anyone seen anything about the Marlins possibly trading Cishek? All of the top relievers have signed now and I still haven't seen anything. This front office definitely values saves and it seems like Cishek is here to stay.

Comment

• Yeah, I haven't seen anything.

In fact, that weird Frisario blog post mentioned the possibility of using him as a set-up man if they traded for Chapman, which would be such a hilariously bad usage of resources.

But I'm guessing he wouldn't float the idea if the team was looking to move Cishek and install someone like Ramos as the closer. They seem to want an established closer.
              poop

Comment

• Well Frisaro mentioned the 1 of the guys I heard-Morse

They are talking on Miley but like it was said alot of other teams are interested

Heaney is being shopped around to get a young ML bat. No bites yet but ALOT of interest

The Morneau thing is interested but the name I heard from Colorado we were discussing was Nolan Arenado. Colorado is floating his name out there to see if they can get some young SP- would have to overpay tho for him

We are discussing ALOT of stuff and looks like something will happen now that Lester is gone. As for Cishek they are trying to actually hold onto him but the names teams are offering might be to good to pass up.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Well Frisaro mentioned the 1 of the guys I heard-Morse

They are talking on Miley but like it was said alot of other teams are interested

Heaney is being shopped around to get a young ML bat. No bites yet but ALOT of interest

The Morneau thing is interested but the name I heard from Colorado we were discussing was Nolan Arenado. Colorado is floating his name out there to see if they can get some young SP- would have to overpay tho for him

We are discussing ALOT of stuff and looks like something will happen now that Lester is gone. As for Cishek they are trying to actually hold onto him but the names teams are offering might be to good to pass up.
                  I find it extremely hard to believe that the Rockies would trade Arenado. He's young, talented, and cheap. I would be going hard after him if he really were available, but I'm skeptical that he is.

Hopefully if they move Heaney, they get some real talent back. Who knows if he'll ever amount to his potential, but he's still a pretty high level prospect.

I also really hope they would be willing to move Cishek if teams really are offering up value for him. He's a solid closer, but he's not elite and that position is one where guys fall off quickly.

Comment

• Arenado would be good, real good.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      I find it extremely hard to believe that the Rockies would trade Arenado. He's young, talented, and cheap. I would be going hard after him if he really were available, but I'm skeptical that he is.

Hopefully if they move Heaney, they get some real talent back. Who knows if he'll ever amount to his potential, but he's still a pretty high level prospect.

I also really hope they would be willing to move Cishek if teams really are offering up value for him. He's a solid closer, but he's not elite and that position is one where guys fall off quickly.
                      Well it is more like what LAD is doing with Dee Gordon,they don't wanna trade him but are calling a few teams to see what they would pay for him. They supposedly like what we got (Guessing our young SP) and we are interested

Heaney is being offered more because we are looking for a Top position player. We got pitching depth and no position guys

Yep that seems to be what is happening now with Cishek

Comment

• I also hope we somehow trade Saltalamacchia and/or Jones
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• It's 10 AM now in California. Should be some wheeling and dealing soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                            I also hope we somehow trade Saltalamacchia and/or Jones
                            I don't think sending away Salty would send a very good message again. He isn't very good though, I agree.

Comment

• @jcrasnick: Lots of teams approaching #dbacks with trade proposals for Wade Miley and Mark Trumbo. Could drive up price on both players.
                              Twitter

Comment

• We had discussions with Arizona last week about them both that I mentioned but it didn't go far

Comment

Working...
                                X