Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like any defensive gains will be heavily offset by the fact Mathis is hitting .189/.256/.280 in his 451 PA as a Marlin.

Lets get that 49 ops+ some more ABs
    --------------------
    I assume you want Solano over Dietrich too, correct?
    Last edited by HUGG; 11-19-2014, 08:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      I could see this team bringing back Bonifacio to be the every day 2B.
      The only thing stopping that from happening is that they seem to hate everything about the 2012 team

Wow.

Comment

• Hmm... Frisaro reported fish are believed to have payroll flexibility to add both LaRoche and Shields.

Comment

• Isn't Laroche supposed to be a good defender? I ask that legitimately cause honestly I don't know the numbers. That just seems to be a talking point in most articles and discussions, that Laroche is some above-average or better defensive first baseman in addition to his bat.

For $10,000,000, I don't think it's a bad contract. Especially if you're freeing up money by trading Cishek, Dunn, Eovaldi, and Jones. That there is almost $20,000,000 of freed up salary and for one or two years, Laroche would still probably a productive player. Would I rather have him for $6-7 million? You bet. Would I rather have Chase Headley for the same contract? Oh even more so. But it's not a bad move in my opinion, just one without a huge amount of upside.

Comment

• He was historically, but he's over 35 and seems to have lost a step last year
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              I feel like any defensive gains will be heavily offset by the fact Mathis is hitting .189/.256/.280 in his 451 PA as a Marlin.

Lets get that 49 ops+ some more ABs
              --------------------
              I assume you want Solano over Dietrich too, correct?
              Well, to be fair, Saltalamacchia had a .199/.295/.307 line after April last year...

As for the other part, I want a new 2B.

Comment

• One has to imagine that Salty improves at least somewhat from last year's numbers, no?

Comment

• Mathis is ass. Brantly is not even good enough to qualify as ass. You can't play Realmuto cause you have no idea if he can actually play at a major league level. Salty is probably the least ass of the four but considering he's the most expensive player they have on the roster right now (save for maybe Laroche and any other free agents), he's the ass we need the least. I say if you can deal him, you should pull the trigger on that. You can sign a guy like Pierzynski for about $3 million and pair him Mathis and not embarrass yourself. I'd rather have a 0.6 war for $4.5 million than a 1.0 war for $9.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                    Mathis is ass. Brantly is not even good enough to qualify as ass. You can't play Realmuto cause you have no idea if he can actually play at a major league level. Salty is probably the least ass of the four but considering he's the most expensive player they have on the roster right now (save for maybe Laroche and any other free agents), he's the ass we need the least. I say if you can deal him, you should pull the trigger on that. You can sign a guy like Pierzynski for about $3 million and pair him Mathis and not embarrass yourself. I'd rather have a 0.6 war for $4.5 million than a 1.0 war for $9.
                    Yeah, lets do this.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    One has to imagine that Salty improves at least somewhat from last year's numbers, no?
                    I'd expect some more power with a worse .OBP.
                    Last edited by Erick; 11-19-2014, 10:12 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I don't know if that was sarcastic or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                        I don't know if that was sarcastic or not.
                        It wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          The LaRoche stuff really stinks. I'm rooting for him to take another offer.
                          It's fine if the rest of the offseason is something smart.

But if this and Masterson are the "big moves," something is definitely wrong.

Comment

• I just can't see how LaRoche taking up 1/6 of the payroll can possibly be smart. Even with the cheap dudes they have, there are so many better options.
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              But if this and Masterson are the "big moves," something is definitely wrong.

To be fair, I think the Stanton move was the big one.

Comment

• I would prefer a Bour and Baker platoon. Sign Lowrie to play 2nd.

Or platoon Bour and Mcgehee at 1st and sign Headley or Hanley.

I don't like the Laroche deal but it's not the worst deal either.

Comment

Working...
                                X