This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Paul LoDuca remains my most hated Marlin of all-time.
    --------------------
    Yes, even more than Heath Bell.
    Saltalamacchia was worse last year.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by nny View Post
    He's also a FB pitcher and the FO generally does not like them (which is silly in our park but whatever).
    I doubt our front office pays much attention to that.
    Last edited by Erick; 11-18-2014, 02:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I'm among the people that believe Salty will be fine next season. Realmuto is not quite ready (and may never be) to be a viable replacement.

Comment

• Who's the alternative if Salty is traded?

If there were a clear cut upgrade out there, it might be worth considering, but otherwise what would we have, Brantly?

Also, what would the return for Salty be? Would it be a trade just to get rid of him (again, who takes his spot)? Or would they get something of value back?

Personally, I think I'd rather keep Salty back there and hope for a bounceback year than go with Joe Schmoe catcher where it'd have to be a miracle to get any production.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          Saltalamacchia was worse last year.
          Compared to what? The game was a lot different back in 2004-2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            or Brandon Morrow

It looks like they are looking at Baltimore-asked on Ubaldo and Bud Norris. Using Mike Dunn,Hand/Koehler and prospects as bait(They want Balt to pay some of Ubaldo salary tho)

They are trying to get 1 of them cheap
            only way I'd want Ubaldo is if they do pay some of the salary

trading Saltalamacchia is stupid

Comment

• Let's trade Saulty and give Brantly another shot

lololololololololoooooooooooooooooool

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                Bour has also never been nearly that good in his life until getting to the PCL. I don't think he's as good as Jones is at worst, like you do. I think it's closer to his best case scenario.
                The down numbers you may see by Bour in the minors might be the season he was injured.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                Let's trade Saulty and give Brantly another shot

lololololololololoooooooooooooooooool
                Lol Brantly=Eric Reed 2.0
                Last edited by Big Z; 11-18-2014, 03:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I don't see the parallel except for them both being shitty hitters but that can be said for thousands of other players. In what other ways are they similar?
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    Who's the alternative if Salty is traded?
                    If the Marlins would use Saltamacchia's money to upgrade 3B, I would be perfectly fine with Jeff Mathis as our starting catcher next year.

Comment

If the Marlins would use Saltamacchia's money to upgrade 3B, I would be perfectly fine with Jeff Mathis as our starting catcher next year.
                      Do you realize Mathis hasn't played in more than 100 games in a season since 2007? Who's going to start the other 60+ games when he doesn't play?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                        Do you realize Mathis hasn't played in more than 100 games in a season since 2007? Who's going to start the other 60+ games when he doesn't play?
                        Sign a backup catcher.

Comment

• What 3b are the Marlins gonna sign with Salty's money?

FA market is ass outside of a couple guys who will cost way more than he makes.

Comment

Sign a backup catcher.
                            You're not going to improve production elsewhere on the field the amount you are going to degrade production at catcher with money saved by losing salty.

And signing a Matt Treanor isn't going to help the team.

Comment

• Austin Barnes is ready with the bat. And even though he probably isn't built to catch 100 games he should be given plenty of time.
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• MLB Network mentioned Hanley Ramirez returning to Miami as a dream free agent scenario!

Comment

Working...
                                X