Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am also intrigued by 2 FA 2B. Rickie Weeks (think he'd come cheap) and Asdrubal Cabrera. If we don't want to part with prospects, I wouldn't mind either one of those two, although I would prefer Asdrubal.

Comment

• The Devon Travis to Toronto deal might have something to do with us. Toronto has had talks about Salty,Jones and Cishek with us and reportedly the FO loves Travis. Toronto is waiting to see if they can get Martin/Montero or a big bat but they have interest in all 3. Jones not as much as the other 2 but they see him as a DH/1B/RF left handed power bat

Not say this is a rumor or anything BUT they are talks that if Stanton rejects the extension offer the Dodgers would make a offer of Puig and more for Stanton and the Marlins would have to make a choice. They have already told anyone who would listen that Stanton is worth 200 million plus and would pay him that
      --------------------
      Also if they do go after Ubaldo-they could send Dunn along with prospects in that deal. Baltimore needs a Lefty to replace Miller and Dunn is cheap still
      Last edited by tjfla; 11-13-2014, 11:47 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        The Devon Travis to Toronto deal might have something to do with us. Toronto has had talks about Salty,Jones and Cishek with us and reportedly the FO loves Travis. Toronto is waiting to see if they can get Martin/Montero or a big bat but they have interest in all 3. Jones not as much as the other 2 but they see him as a DH/1B/RF left handed power bat

Not say this is a rumor or anything BUT they are talks that if Stanton rejects the extension offer the Dodgers would make a offer of Puig and more for Stanton and the Marlins would have to make a choice. They have already told anyone who would listen that Stanton is worth 200 million plus and would pay him that
        --------------------
        Also if they do go after Ubaldo-they could send Dunn along with prospects in that deal. Baltimore needs a Lefty to replace Miller and Dunn is cheap still
        I hope they would trade all 3 of those for Travis only. That would piss me off. I'm okay with Salty/Jones for that, but use Cishek to get something else. Still don't get how Detroit traded him for Gose. Pretty stupid in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          I hope they would trade all 3 of those for Travis only. That would piss me off. I'm okay with Salty/Jones for that, but use Cishek to get something else. Still don't get how Detroit traded him for Gose. Pretty stupid in my opinion.
          Who knows? Just heard that they were talking to Toronto however Toronto prospects are all pitchers,Pompey(who they won't trade) and 18 yr olds. Toronto can use Travis too

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Who knows? Just heard that they were talking to Toronto however Toronto prospects are all pitchers,Pompey(who they won't trade) and 18 yr olds. Toronto can use Travis too
            Just heard? Meaning you read it on mlbtraderumors.com and decided to post it here as "inside information" because you are a fucking tool?
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• 3:40pm: MLBTR’s Tim Dierkes hears that three of the four teams set to meet with Tomas would have been seen as “very unlikely” suitors, suggesting they’re of the dark horse variety (Twitter link). Meanwhile, Andy Martino of the New York Daily News tweets that the Padres are no longer seen as a fit for Tomas.

Hall of Fame reporter Peter Gammons hears that Giants special assistant Felipe Alou is pushing the team to sign Tomas as a third baseman (Twitter link). Gammons also hears that the Phillies would likely have to clear some money in order to add Tomas.

Additionally, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reported yesterday that Oakland has scouted and discussed Tomas, though they wouldn’t be involved at the rumored $100MM price tag. She speculates that if Tomas were open to a shorter-term deal that allowed him to hit free agency faster, Oakland would be in play.

3:26pm: Alou is still expected to meet with four MLB GMs in the Dominican in the next two days, he tells Arangure (Twitter link).

2:05pm: Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas is scheduled to fly to the United States tomorrow to meet with his agent, Jay Alou Jr., Jorge Arangure of Vice Sports reports on Twitter. A deal appears imminent, per Arangure, and could come as soon as this weekend.

Tomas, 24 tomorrow, has drawn significant interest around the league from clubs intrigued by the possibility of fielding his power bat through his prime years, a rare opportunity in the current market. There have been varying reports as to Tomas’s timeline for signing, with some suggesting that he is moving quickly with a small group of frontrunners and others indicating that a wide-open battle for his services is just beginning.

Argangure’s report does not give any indication of the team with which Tomas could be nearing a deal. Needless to say, Tomas ‘s ultimate destination will have an important bearing on the rest of the free agent market.
              MLBTR

"Very unlikely" suitors and "dark horse" variety.. Hmmm.. I believe Hill said they weren't in on him, but things can change quick.
              --------------------
              @JAloujr: @RobWerkheiser his first seasons in Cuban National Series were at 3B.
              Twitter

For those wondering if he has experience at 3B
              Last edited by Big Z; 11-13-2014, 09:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                Just heard? Meaning you read it on mlbtraderumors.com and decided to post it here as "inside information" because you are a fucking tool?
                Yeah, pretty much.

Comment

• Kike injured in Winter Ball...

https://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro/statu...71564888731649
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins are "discouraged" about their chances of signing Jose Fernandez to a long-term extension.
                    It's not clear what kind of proposals have been exchanged so far, but it doesn't appear an extension will get done anytime soon. There's no rush, of course, as Fernandez isn't even arbitration-eligible until after next season. The young right-hander isn't expected to rejoin the Marlins' rotation until June or July as he works his way back from Tommy John surgery. Nov 14 - 11:47 AM
                    Come on Boras.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 30m30 minutes ago
                      Stanton talks definitely heating up, but other #Marlins extension talks appear to be progressing as well.
                      vague

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        Come on Boras.
                        Of course. As long as he's a Boras client, he gone.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          No hope he recovers since he is our starting 2b!!!

As for Tomas-the Stanton deal has taken us out of the Sandoval/Tomas talk. The 100 million we would have offered either 1 of them has been given to Stanton

Comment

• why would him being our starting 2B mean there is no hope he recovers?

Comment

• They should invest in Tomas. If he pans out, we may have the most dangerous lineup in the East. Loria wants to win, no? Well if you invest in good players, you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                why would him being our starting 2B mean there is no hope he recovers?
                                I think he meant "No! I hope he recovers" but grammar

But um, nobody said he *would* be the starting 2B, right? Just that he should? over fucking jordany valdespin?
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X