X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Joelsherman1: #Mets announce have signed Michael Cuddyer to 2-yr contract
    Twitter

One guy to take off our list. I think Cuddy had a $15 million qualifying offer from Colorado. Would love to see how much money the Mets gave up.

Cuddy got 2/$21MM per reports.
    --------------------
    @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Marlins have opened long-term talks with Fernandez, Yelich, Hechavarria. Nothing close; Fernandez, repped by Boras, a longshot.
    Twitter
    Last edited by Big Z; 11-10-2014, 03:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Would something like 1-6-10-16-19-23 work to lock up Jose?

I think I'd be OK with that.
      poop

Comment

• I thought we were looking for SS to replace Hech? O wait that is what the GM's on this board want

Guess this just shows how much the FO likes him-what ashame to I was hoping Kike would get a shot at the SS job
        --------------------
        Some discussion in the FO about Chase Headley but his people wanna wait until the Top Tier guys signed
        Last edited by tjfla; 11-10-2014, 03:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Not sure why they aren't trying to extend Ozuna instead of Hech. Maybe they are also trying to extend him, but it wasn't reported? Hopefully the franchise is turning a corner.

Also, Fernandez needs no trade clause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Marlins have opened long-term talks with Fernandez, Yelich, Hechavarria. Nothing close; Fernandez, repped by Boras, a longshot.

Twitter

--------------------
            Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            I thought we were looking for SS to replace Hech? O wait that is what the GM's on this board want
            pretty much everyone on this board has known Hechavarria is gonna be here for years

you do the weirdest shit
            Last edited by HUGG; 11-10-2014, 04:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              I thought we were looking for SS to replace Hech? O wait that is what the GM's on this board want
              I think what irks people about you is the way you mix ignorance about what is good in baseball with a wholly unearned arrogance.
              poop

Comment

• literally no one on this entire board thought we were gonna replace Hechavarria

some think we should, no one thought we would

that line makes no sense whatsoever

Comment

• and looking for a SS to replace Hech still makes a bunch of sense, even if I can now talk myself into him being a roughly league average player long-term. that's not a player you lock up long term.

he's gonna get like 5/$40m from the Marlins, isn't he?
                  poop

Comment

• why would he get that?

Comment

• That Michael Cuddyer contract doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        and looking for a SS to replace Hech still makes a bunch of sense, even if I can now talk myself into him being a roughly league average player long-term. that's not a player you lock up long term.

I'm dreading them giving him a 10-year contract personally.

Comment

• Reds willing to discuss Leake and Latos per Jeff Passan. I'm a fan of Latos.

Comment

• I'm a fan of his cat.

Comment

• Cat Latos?

Yeah, me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                                and looking for a SS to replace Hech still makes a bunch of sense, even if I can now talk myself into him being a roughly league average player long-term. that's not a player you lock up long term.

Not to waste to much time on this, but he'd probably comp out 5/$20, and very likely they could tac on two options on the back for say another $15-18 (total). He's four years from free agency, and he stinks, so there is a lot of bargaining power here (obviously).

If we assume Hech's defense projections hit their mark even somewhat, and if he can put up a .270/.310/.365+ slash routinely, he's probably a 2+ WAR player, which is probably a top 12-18 range SS annually. That's good value for the contract, especially the free agent years.

I wouldn't do it as the same deal is probably there in 2 years unless he really explodes, but if it's low enough it's not going to matter. He's not going to cripple the team either way. They've paid Guillen, Bell, Buck, and Buerhle double that to not be on the team lately.

They should really just give Yelich 7+option, Alvarez 5, trade Cishek, Dunn, and Eovaldi for young infielders and relievers, sign a veteran SP, and somehow convince Stanton some "$200+" number for 8-10 years is a good deal. Wait on Ozuna, Cossart, and Hech as the other buyout candidates (so to speak) until next offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X