• Show
Clear All

• Competition for Stanton

Comment

• Lenny Harris hired as assistant hitting coach

Common All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        Absolutely no one thinks the RP situation is bad. In fact we've discussed how it's the team's biggest strength and we'll have 3+ pitchers in AAA capable of being in most bullpens.
        Didn't mean guys on the board. I am talking about the guys at ESPN and all. U read stuff about KRod and us and they make it out like he is needed,like u said we are gonna have 3-5 guys in AAA that could be in most ML pens

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Lenny Harris hired as assistant hitting coach

Common All Time
          That's awesome.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• @AndySlater: SLATER SCOOP: Miami Marlins currently still looking to make a couple of trades, per source.
            Twitter

Comment

• I wonder what.

Comment

• I'm guessing they want to dump Brad Hand for a guy with options, maybe dump Crow to save a few bucks and promote Capps/Dyson, and maybe get a bench bat upgrade as I dont even know who the front runner is after Ichiro, Mathis, baker, and solano. Can't see this being a major move unless there is some Haren shenanigans going on.

Comment

• for what it's worth since we've discussed Haren's attitute toward the team, he spoke to the media today:

Haren: “I think a lot of things were probably overblown, one, because I never really said anything directly to any media at all. I’m here. I’m happy to be here. I had a good talk with [manager] Mike Redmond. I’m ready to get going.” Specifically, Haren adds that he never requested that the Marlins trade him back to a West Coast team. He hopes to continue his 10-season streak of making 30 or more starts — the second-longest active streak in the Majors, behind Mark Buehrle — and said he considers Marlins Park a good fit for him at this stage of his career and is looking forward to being a Marlin. “[W]ho am I to say where I play? I’m not Clayton Kershaw. I respect the game. It’s given me a lot more than I could have every imagined. I’m excited to be here.”
                  So it sounds like he wants to be here unless he's just saying that officially. Sounds better than us thinking he doesn't want to be here at all at any rate.

Also Hill was on MLB Network radio today and said they're "monitoring the pulse" of the relief market when asked about the K-Rod rumors.

Here's the link:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...ts-biddle.html

Comment

• Sounds like a professional and that he isn't contemplating retirement. But anyone who thinks he would prefer to play for the Marlins instead of a SoCal team is delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                      Sounds like a professional and that he isn't contemplating retirement. But anyone who thinks he would prefer to play for the Marlins instead of a SoCal team is delusional.
                      I wasn't saying that. Just that it's not the "west coast team or retirement" mindset that seemed to be the rumor a few weeks back.

Comment

• HAREN RE-BIRTH EN MIJAMI

Comment

• Couple of trades are same as usually-they wanna trade Hand for an arm with options and are still "taking calls" on Cishek

Haren is being professional-he still wants and hopes to be on the West Coast but until the end of ST thats what he will say. I guess 10 million dollars changes minds tho

Pencil Haren in as #4 Starter but still could change if someone makes an offer that we like

Comment

• I think it's cute that tjfla still tries to do his "inside info" schtick.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Brewers and Marlins continue to talk to free agent Francisco Rodriguez and a deal is expected to happen soon.
                              K-Rod would return to the closer role if he re-signs with Milwaukee, but Miami would likely use him as a set-up man for Steve Cishek. The 34-year-old had a 3.04 ERA and 73/18 K/BB ratio over 68 innings last season while going 44-for-49 in save opportunities. He's reportedly seeking a $10 million deal, but it could be a challenge for him to get it at this point.
                              This is still going on.

Makes me wonder if a Cishek trade is already agreed subject to them getting K-Rod. They get an experienced closer, which they "value," and move Cishek for whatever else. Maybe Haren included and another SP comes in.

Anyways.

Comment

• they are really not very good at allocating their resources, and they artificially limit their resources.

Good organization to root for IMO we are smart for caring about them
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X