Marlins Acquire Jarred Cosart from Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Look at Cabrera, Hammer, Hermida, Yelich, Stanton, Ozuna... They've all done well at Jupiter.
    Cabrera, Hermida, Ozuna weren't greatly better and Hammer was old for the league. And you can't compare any player with Stanton.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      I like Cosart more than Keuchel. He's younger, has an extra year of control, etc.

Also, if you want to talk about no track record and suddenly appearing to figure it out...Keuchel is the poster boy.
      Dallas Keuchel 2012-13 MLB: 9-18, 5.20 ERA, 1.54 WHIP, 78 ERA+, 6.1 K/9, 3.4 BB/9, 161 K/91 BB/34 HRA in 239 innings

Dallas Keuchel at AAA: 8-5, 4.70 ERA, 1.34 WHIP, 4.7 K/9, 2.15 BB/9, 70 K/32 BB/10 HRA in 134 innings

Can you imagine if we got that guy prior to this season?
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I like Cosart more than Keuchel. He's younger, has an extra year of control, etc.

Also, if you want to talk about no track record and suddenly appearing to figure it out...Keuchel is the poster boy.
        I can agree to that, but I also like lefties

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
          I'm not defending the trade, but I don't feel like Moran will ever be an All Star 3rd baseman that we regret trading in the future.
          It's more-so I'm just not a big fan of Cosart.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            I can agree to that, but I also like lefties
            Keuchel in 182 innings at AA, 5.54 K/9

so complaining about Cosart's K/9 and being upset we didn't get Keuchel seems misguided
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Listen, I hope Cosart goes all Kluber on us, or hell Alvarez, but end of the day I would have risked Moran/Marisnick longterm over Cosart.

Hope I'm wrong here. I do like the idea if he works out Alvarez/Eovaldi is a big chip though for an IF bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                Cabrera, Hermida, Ozuna weren't greatly better and Hammer was old for the league. And you can't compare any player with Stanton.
                Cabrera is the only one who wasn't significantly better, and he was still a teenager.

Comment

• Cosart K/9 in AAA: 8.70 in 121 innings
                  Cosart K/9 in AA: 6.59 in 123 innings

I fail to see why Cosart's "struggles" this year are who he is when the track record doesn't suggest it, and Keuchel's successes this year are who he is when the track recod doesn't suggest it.

Comment

Keuchel in 182 innings at AA, 5.54 K/9

so complaining about Cosart's K/9 and being upset we didn't get Keuchel seems misguided
                    So what? Keuchel has been hanging a 7 K/9 for his last 50 MLB starts. Cosart is a 5.5 his last 30 (only sample we have MLB level there).

What have you done for me lately does matter here for young pitcher progression.

I think it's hard to argue Cosart over Keuchel right now, but I am interested in the argument if anyone wants to present it to win me over.

Comment

• Also consider if Keuchel it would have been Ozuna to Houston with us having Marisnick in CF and Moran still

Comment

• Jarred Cosart ‏@JarredCosart 18m
                        Wow thank you @Marlins fans and organization for the welcome. Lets make this playoff thing happen
                        #fluffpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Also consider if Keuchel it would have been Ozuna to Houston with us having Marisnick in CF and Moran still
                          Did your buddy tell you that?
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          #fluffpiece
                          Last edited by Todd; 07-31-2014, 05:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Man I like Kike. Got a feeling about him. It's a googly too.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Yeah, too many Kike haters in this thread.

best name ever

Comment

• Yeah I actually had an interesting conversation with my gf this weekend after she mispronounced Kike's name.

Comment

Working...
                                X