No announcement yet.

Marlins Acquire Jarred Cosart from Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlins traded their prospect third baseman to Houston a few year ago. Now they do it again...
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Also yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Cosart. His K/BB is bad and his HR/FB% is low. If that goes up and his K/BB doesn't get better, he's really not going to be good.

More I think about it, more I'm not really happy with the trade...

Comment

Marisnick was not gonna play anyway so getting Hernandez who can play 2B,SS,OF is better

Comment

He does go from a hitter's to a pitcher's park.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            Marlins traded their prospect third baseman to Houston a few year ago. Now they do it again...
            To be fair, Dominguez kinda sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Marisnick was not gonna play anyway so getting Hernandez who can play 2B,SS,OF is better
              I have no idea why you are insisting that Hernandez will be shoehorned into a utility role at most when the Marlins have the worst middle infield in baseball.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

lololololol I just messaged Mainge saying "what do you think" and he said "on what?" and I said "the trade" "we made a trade?" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  I have no idea why you are insisting that Hernandez will be shoehorned into a utility role at most when the Marlins have the worst middle infield in baseball.
                  I am saying what he COULD be. He could be our starting 2B or he could be a super utility guy who plays the IF/OF. No matter what people think of Hech the FO and Redmond love the guy so he won't be moved off SS(unless its to get a day off)

Comment

I will actually be more specific, we dont know what Hernandez will be. We DO know that Hechavarria, Solano, and Valdespin are fucking awful. So it is absurd to assume he will be a utility player and nothing more.
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      lololololol I just messaged Mainge saying "what do you think" and he said "on what?" and I said "the trade" "we made a trade?" lol
                      Ya get him started! I didn't mention Moran,Wates,Martes,Hernandez!!

Comment

Kike goes to 2B immediately. Valdespin goes into the Boni role

Comment

Before the 2013 season, the book on Wates was:

With an unconventional swing and an inside-out approach, he's content to shoot balls the other way rather than turn on them and pull them with authority. He displays natural hitting rhythm and timing. He batted a career-high .310 in 2012 despite landing on the disabled list twice with a quadriceps problem in June and a hamstring pull in July. However, Wates won't profile as more than a fourth outfielder unless he draws more walks. While he's an above-average runner, his leg injuries set him back a bit and he's not an efficient basestealer.
                          He missed a good chunk of 2013 with a broken forearm. Before the injury he jumped his walk rate from 7.4% to 10.1% and he went 15/16 stealing bases

This year he's jumped his walk rate to 13.0% and is 30/34 stealing bases.

so basically, the 2 knocks on him in that Baseball America report, he fixed them

Comment

Romero is another long term option at 3B

Comment

plus the 3B we get in the Stanton deal

Comment

BTW Marlins, QUIT TRADING FUCKING DRAFT PICKS!
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X