No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbob,agreed on Ozuna but Stanton is absolutely not a long term piece in our outfield.

HE GON

Comment

• That is all the more reason to not trade Ozuna.
      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        I'm content with Valdy/Solano at 2B lol.
        --------------------

Twitter

There's one guy off our list. Cards didn't splurge on trading for Masterson. Would be nice to see if the price will drop on other guys.
        Drop? That is what we were talking with them on for Masterson. Ramsey is pretty much Dietrich
        Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• I would say Marisnick.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• @jonmorosi: Sources: Marlins and Red Sox are discussing a possible John Lackey trade. @FOXSports1
            Twitter

Comment

• Cool
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Actually all this Lester to Miami talk is really Lackey to Miami

Said that we would rather have Lackey since he is signed already for next year and wouldn't cost Heaney

They asked about Lester and have gotten Yelich or Heaney. FO said not for a rental and they moved onto Lackey.
                BULLSHIT

No havent heard who(Well heard names but don't wanna piss anyone off today)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  Plugged it into the ol' xBABIP calculator and got .335. Even if that is too optimistic and he falls to like .325, you're still looking at a .255/.305/.439 with plus defense around the outfield from a 23-year-old in his first full major-league season. I do everything I can not to move that.

The Marlins have a long-term outfield that could be good for 14-15 WAR per year, and two of them are in their second major-league seasons. I'd do everything I can to keep that together.
                  I can buy that slash as his baseline moving forward. I also don't think that is a world beater and not moveable for the right guy. And I only mean a Keuchel kind of guy - lefty 3/4 with tons of years of control. It's basically just subbing Ozuna for an equal talent different position. They can find a CF probably easier than a good young SP (and may have one with Marisnick who for all who he is so far, we would all take over any pitcher in the Marlins system not named Kolek).

Comment

• They are also trying to see if Boston will trade Will Middlebrooks in a deal

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      BULLSHIT

No havent heard who(Well heard names but don't wanna piss anyone off today)

--------------------
                      Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      They are also trying to see if Boston will trade Will Middlebrooks in a deal
                      To place him at 2B?
                      Last edited by Big Z; 07-30-2014, 01:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

--------------------

To place him at 2B?
                        Think they just wanna see if they can get him in the deal

Comment

To place him at 2B?
                          Could platoon him with Jones?

Comment

• @clarkspencer: Hearing that there is "zero chance" of a Lackey trade to #Marlins
                            Twitter

Comment

• The Marlins, baseball's hottest team, are seeking a starter but don't at the moment seem focused on either of Boston's two big starters, Jon Lester or John Lackey.

Miami would prefer a young starter with contollable years, such as Arizona's Wade Miley or Oakland's Tommy Milone. The Diamondbacks have been reluctant to trade Miley, though.

They may also look at projects like Ross Detwiler or Felix Doubront.

The Marlins had won six in a row and nine of 10 games before Wednesday's series finale vs. the Nationals.
                              http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...ackey-unlikely
                              --------------------
                              Well, Doubront is about to be traded to the Cubs.
                              --------------------
                              Lester likely heading to Baltimore. Wow.
                              --------------------
                              If Boston is able to get a really good return for Lester it would be great because Lester already said he wouldn't be opposed to signing with Boston in the off-season.
                              Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-30-2014, 02:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Hearing the Lackey deal is NOT dead but they are gonna see if they can get a Milone,Kuechel,Cosart or even Miley(Arizona said they will trade Miley but only if they lose a Hill or Prado AND get Top Prospects in return) before they get serious

Miami thinking tho seems to be why get a guy for 2 years when we can get a guy longer for the same prospect?

Comment

Working...
                                X