No announcement yet.

Michael Hill Interview with Jim Bowden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would fit great into that 2 spot in our lineup, and comes at a reasonable price over the next 6 years; however; he seems like the type of guy who will complain about his contract and not getting paid enough. I would be hesitant to do Heaney + for Castro, but it does seem fair.

Comment

We still have Hech and we know how much our front office loves him.

But i would deff trade Heaney + for Castro. Heaney kind of reminds me of Andrew Miller. Hype in the minors and shit in big leagues and also a shit stache! . I just didnt like what i saw when he pitched either.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
        We still have Hech and we know how much our front office loves him.

But i would deff trade Heaney + for Castro. Heaney kind of reminds me of Andrew Miller. Hype in the minors and shit in big leagues and also a shit stache! . I just didnt like what i saw when he pitched either.
        No way. Miller was rushed to the majors.

I would like Starlin at 2B, if he's traded here, but I doubt his ego allows him to give up SS to a guy like Hech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          He would fit great into that 2 spot in our lineup, and comes at a reasonable price over the next 6 years; however; he seems like the type of guy who will complain about his contract and not getting paid enough. I would be hesitant to do Heaney + for Castro, but it does seem fair.
          He would not fit great into the 2 spot in our lineup or any lineup. He has a .323 career OBP. It's this kind of thinking that consistently causes this organization to churn out shitty lineups, because they see a guy with okay power and okay speed and figure "that's a 2 hitter!"
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            No way. Miller was rushed to the majors.

I would like Starlin at 2B, if he's traded here, but I doubt his ego allows him to give up SS to a guy like Hech.
            The end result is what matters. Rushed or not.

Also Heaney is built up to be some thing he is not. I think he will be a nice 3 or 4 if he pans out. He just reminds me of Miller though.
            Last edited by AdamRavs; 07-09-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I want Dan Vogelbach cause he's fat and it's hilarious. We need a quality fat guy.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                The end result is what matters.
                "The end result" after four starts.
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  But they all keep getting shelled.

I'd rather let Penny get smacked around than a young guy.
                  This. Instead of rushing someone up and potentially hurting their development and/or their value in a trade, I'd rather send Penny out there.

Comment

Too early to make an opinion on Heaney one way of the other. Its pretty obvious he was relying on location and was missing his spots. But he showed flashes.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

The Angles want a backend guy. I wouldn't mind Cishek for reliever R.J. Alvarez and second baseman Alex Yarbrough. Thoughts?
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        The Angles want a backend guy. I wouldn't mind Cishek for reliever R.J. Alvarez and second baseman Alex Yarbrough. Thoughts?
                        Hard to see them doing anything like this, and convincing Stanton that they are ready to compete. They have to be extra careful. Main goal is resigning Stanton longterm in offseason.

Comment

But they justify it by saying "We have a ton of bullpen guys and X can replace Cishek. We just got two pieces that can help us compete and solidify our bullpen and lineup."

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            No thanks

Comment

Why not, Mainge? Just curious.

Comment

Relievers don't excite me and that second basemen is nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X