No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade 39th Overall Pick to Pirates for Bryan Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really dont want them to jettison Conley or Urena. They are both future cogs in the bullpen IMO.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
      I really dont want them to jettison Conley or Urena. They are both future cogs in the bullpen IMO.
      Don't disagree and sure, keep them. I'm just saying, hypothetically speaking, this group of guys

-Koehler/Turner
      -Dietrich
      -Nicolino/Flynn
      -DeScalfani
      -Dyson/Sanchez/other probable 4/5 RHP in bullpen

and eating whatever contracts come back, is going to get a # 3 SP on an expiring contract and a nominal SS upgrade. Marisnick and maybe Realmuto could pump that a little higher, but probably should be retained because they can't start giving up potential major assets unless years of control are coming back. Heaney and Moran should really be the only untouchables unless something amazing is coming back.

I can't imagine the Cubs not being thrilled to get Turner, Dietrich, Nicolino, DeScalfani, and Dyson for Hammel, Bonifacio, and maybe a whatever bullpen arm the Marlins can stick in the pen now (I'm wondering if that is even two much and taking out one of Nicolino/Disco). Young arms and a guy who can slug from the infield for those two? Is a no brainer, and would really help the Marlins. Don't think it hurts Marlins bottom line going forward if they really want to go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        I think the Cubs are a really good team match. They could go for Hammel and Bonifacio(SS), and they could probably throw in a reliever too and maybe Ruggiano/Schierholtz if they want one of them for the bench. There is probably a match somewhere for a grouping of Koehler/Turner (one of whom wouldn't be needed with Eovaldi, Alvarez, Heaney and "Hammel"), Dietrich, and two of Nicolino/Conley/DeScalfani/Urena/Flynn. I would have to imagine the Cubs would be thrilled turning those guys into young arms and a hitting infielder and being able to trade Samardzija for a big something else.
        I definitely would not do this trade.

I get the thought process surrounding it, but no.
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          Don't disagree and sure, keep them. I'm just saying, hypothetically speaking, this group of guys

-Koehler/Turner
          -Dietrich
          -Nicolino/Flynn
          -DeScalfani
          -Dyson/Sanchez/other probable 4/5 RHP in bullpen

and eating whatever contracts come back, is going to get a # 3 SP on an expiring contract and a nominal SS upgrade. Marisnick and maybe Realmuto could pump that a little higher, but probably should be retained because they can't start giving up potential major assets unless years of control are coming back. Heaney and Moran should really be the only untouchables unless something amazing is coming back.

I can't imagine the Cubs not being thrilled to get Turner, Dietrich, Nicolino, DeScalfani, and Dyson for Hammel, Bonifacio, and maybe a whatever bullpen arm the Marlins can stick in the pen now (I'm wondering if that is even two much and taking out one of Nicolino/Disco). Young arms and a guy who can slug from the infield for those two? Is a no brainer, and would really help the Marlins. Don't think it hurts Marlins bottom line going forward if they really want to go for it.
          We could probably get Hammel for Turner/Koehler,Nicolino/Flynn and whatever Comp Pick we get for next year OR IFA pool money(4 million we got)

They are looking for pool cash and Hammel is a FA next year. Gives them a guy to stick in rotation as well as a SP prospect plus a pick and pool money. They might like Dietrich however with the way they spend in IFA it gives them what they like(more pool money so don't get taxed) and it's not like we are gonna spend the cash

Only issue with the Cubs is reports were when asked about Jeff Samardzija they asked on Heaney so if they are looking that high who knows what they want for Hammel
          --------------------
          As for Hech even tho he is pretty much a defensive SS(If that even) the FO loves him

2B is the ? still and as seen they hate Dietrich. I would still try calling Seattle(Who is still looking for SP) and see Dietrich,Jensen and a SP for Franklin
          Last edited by tjfla; 06-10-2014, 01:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Only issue with the Cubs is reports were when asked about Jeff Samardzija they asked on Heaney so if they are looking that high who knows what they want for Hammel
            If they asked for Heaney for Samardzija, they would probably not ask for Heaney for Hammel.
            poop

Comment

• The fish actually asked about Samardzija?

Comment

• This Marlins FO does have a pretty good track record of inquiring on players. Trading for them is another story.

Comment

• Samardzija would really be perfect if they could do it for really anything in the minors besides Heaney and Moran. I know that is likely asking a lot, but it would get him reasonable next year and he brings assets at the deadline or comp picks next year to instantly replenish what is lost. He's the perfect year and a half rental.

I would tell Chicago, Samardzija and Bonifacio, and take Koehler/Turner and any 4 players in minor leagues not named Heaney or Moran. Something like Marisnick, Nicolino/Conley, Dietrich/Romero, DeScalfani/Conley/Urena/Realmuto, and maybe another moderate RP arm has to at least generate interest and start a dialogue. And whatever comp pick/IP pool money who cares send it all over. All of it.

Long shot, but that would be a big boost and Marlins can take the hit in prospects.
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  If they asked for Heaney for Samardzija, they would probably not ask for Heaney for Hammel.
                  Agree completely. Very reasonable to ask for Heaney or Moran as a centerpiece for Samardzija
                  Last edited by lou; 06-10-2014, 03:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Why do we want Boner?

Comment

• Moran hasn't exactly been impressive. Or even good, really. If he's the centerpiece that lands Samardijia, you take it and run.

He won't be, though

Comment

• Agreed with Mainge. The only untouchable prospect should be Heaney. I'd be willing to trade Nicolino and Moran, for the right price. Guy has to be a center piece going forward, though.

Comment

• What do you think it would take to net Price? I mean I know it's a pipe dream but since were on the topic.

Comment

• I'd have no problem with the team dealing Colin Moran. The Cubs probably wouldn't do that though.

Comment

• I'm pretty surprised you guys are so down on Moran. Who cares if he had a rough start. He was hurt, and his RHP line is fine for Jupiter, let alone killing the ball for two weeks. Give him time. You can't trade him for a rental. Longterm piece? Sure, but that's not Samardzija. I think some of you are to caught up with his top end projection not being Longoriaesque. Who cares. He could still be a good player.

Marisnick is borderline just because they have 3 outfielders. He's what they can move along with the pitching how I see it.

Comment

• Marisnick projects to have one near-elite skill, and has already shown the ability to hang at the highest levels of the minors as a hitter. For that alone, he should be more valued than Moran at this point, who is all projection.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X