• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, Donald Sterling.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
      Any other moves on the horizon?
      Is there a reason why you always ask him this? He doesn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        I mean, Donald Sterling.
        I consider Marge Schott to be worse than Sterling really.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

well she's dead

sooooooooooooooooooooo
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

And sterling is out of the NBA.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Just to pile on. This is from Keith Law's chat today:

Justin (Miami)
              What were the Marlins thinking trading a pick for a replacement level reliever?

Klaw (1:10 PM)
              I have yet to find a single person in the industry who understands that deal. Yes, Morris has a lot of years of control ahead, but if they're 0-WAR years, who cares?
              Law is historically hard on the Marlins FO and ownership (with pretty good reason), but I can totally see the rest of baseball pointing and laughing at this one.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                Just to pile on. This is from Keith Law's chat today:

Law is historically hard on the Marlins FO and ownership (with pretty good reason), but I can totally see the rest of baseball pointing and laughing at this one.
                It is simple-they got rid of 1.5 million. MLB wants teams to spend cash and Loria knows he isn't spending the 14 million on a draft. So he loses 1.5 million and MLB can't say anything about it. If he could trade the other 2 "Comp" Picks he probably would. The same thing is gonna get mention when at #103 he drafts a Senior Catcher and signs him for $300,000 below slot. He will use the excuse well we wanted a guy who can sign because we can't get the pick back if the guy won't sign

Loria doesn't wanna spend money but wants to make it. It is the same thing with Rodon,while the FO is not fans of his Loria loves him-why? #1 Cheap young arm and #2 Another Cuban to put with Fernandez for marketing. Merchandise/attendence improves on nights he pitches. I like Rodon and would take him at #2 but Loria could care less about his talent.

If Jose Abreu/Chapman/Cespedes didnt cost 50 million,Loria would have been all over them too. He knows what sells and makes him cash,if the team is good then all the better

Comment

I'm not sure Loria knows what sells. They are what, dead last or second to last in attendance for the last decade?

Loria knows how to not spend revenue sharing dollars and out lawyer Miami-Dade county for a stadium to make a profit. Let's not confuse these things.

Also, they didn't get rid of $1.5 million. They gave it to Kevin Gregg.

Comment

Expect more deals if we stay in the race with Kyle Jensen,Brent Keys,Jake Marisnick,Angel Sanchez(Actually anyone in the minors that is on the 40 man) as bait.

We are gonna have a numbers crunch next year with guys who have to be on the 40 man so the FO is looking to trade guys on the 40 man now IF needed

Comment

• Jenson, Johnson, Keys, Bour, Furcal, Mathis, Brantly, Wolf, Slowey, Gregg, and likely some of Lucas, Solano, McGehee, Caminero, Hand, Dyson, Hatcher, Sanchez, and Marisnick (if they keep Stanton) mean little to the 40 man. Not to mention Cishek and Dunn are likely traded for salary reasons.

They have plenty of room and don't need to actively trade guys to clear space. Even if they have a 10 guy turnover, it'll be ok organically without trades.

What's the list though? Who need to be added?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Jenson, Johnson, Keys, Bour, Furcal, Mathis, Brantly, Wolf, Slowey, Gregg, and likely some of Lucas, Solano, McGehee, Caminero, Hand, Dyson, Hatcher, Sanchez, and Marisnick (if they keep Stanton) mean little to the 40 man. Not to mention Cishek and Dunn are likely traded for salary reasons.

They have plenty of room and don't need to actively trade guys to clear space. Even if they have a 10 guy turnover, it'll be ok organically without trades.

From my calculations: Conley, Nicolino, Brice, Barnes, Brice, Solorzano, and Rosa (second time eligible) are all eligible.
                        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-08-2014, 11:42 AM.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                          Jenson, Johnson, Keys, Bour, Furcal, Mathis, Brantly, Wolf, Slowey, Gregg, and likely some of Lucas, Solano, McGehee, Caminero, Hand, Dyson, Hatcher, Sanchez, and Marisnick (if they keep Stanton) mean little to the 40 man. Not to mention Cishek and Dunn are likely traded for salary reasons.

I am not saying that what I am saying is they prefer to trade a few guys off of the 40 man instead of guys who are NOT on it(younger guys) in deals. They would package Sanchez and like Jensen/whoever else in a deal rather then guys not on the list is all for a guy this year

Jensen/Brantly/Furcal/Wolf/Gregg/Hatcher are probably off next year but Jose/Capps/Heaney/Conley/Nicolino/Barnes/Wittgren will be on it and when they trade Dunn and Cishek they will probably recieve atleast 1 guy(arm) who will need to go on it
                          Last edited by tjfla; 06-08-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Wittgren won't be on the 40-man (He's not eligible until next off-season) unless they call him up this year. I don't anticipate that happening.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• There are no issues with the 40 man

Comment

• mm21 is never as happy as when he is talking about the damn 40-man roster

Comment

Working...
                                X