Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• The issue dealing with the Cubs is they want alot for rentals. Last year they dealt Garza to Texas for a ton and Feldman to Balt for Arrieta,Strop,and IFA cash,that(Feldman deal) is probably what they would want again for Hammel. It is alot but we would deal exactly what they wanted for him-let them choose from Koehler,Turner,Flynn/Sanchez/IFA cash

We called on Samardzija but they started with Heaney so that is dead.

Olmos won't get DFA especially with Mike Dunn gone next year. Sanchez still has a live arm and if he got DFA he would be gone quick. What we need to do is move him to the pen but we won't. It's the same with Conley,Urena-they could be great RP instead we insist on trying to make them starters. If Conley was moved to the pen,he could be Mike Dunn(better version) for the next 8 years

Marisnick has been someone we have floated out to teams but most seem to prefer arms for arms and they know we have tons of them

As for Moran they knew what he was and LOVE what he is doing in Jupiter. They expect him to play a solid 3B not be an All Star or in the HR Derby

Comment

• There's no reason to move Conley to the pen yet. He's been very good as a starter.

Comment

• You don't convert starters to relievers until you absolutely have to. It's asinine.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            You don't convert starters to relievers until you absolutely have to. It's asinine.
            Our BP needs help but our rotation is Jose,Heaney,Alvarez,Eovaldi,Turner/Koehler

Let's just keep Conley in AAA to keep starting?

Comment

• I'm not opposed to bringing up a AAA/AA starter and sticking him in the pen to start his career, though. Plenty of quality starters have started in the bullpen, and if they're better pitchers than you're current relievers, but night quite good enough to crack the rotation it just makes sense.

Comment

• I wish they would start using their IFA $ on international free agents
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Our BP needs help but our rotation is Jose,Heaney,Alvarez,Eovaldi,Turner/Koehler

Let's just keep Conley in AAA to keep starting?
                  The last two of those guys are kinda really crappy and one is currently out until next summer. You can never have too many starting pitchers.
                  poop

Comment

The last two of those guys are kinda really crappy and one is currently out until next summer. You can never have too many starting pitchers.
                    Desco,Flynn,Williams,Nicolino,whoever we get in Cishek deal=#5 starter

Conley was a closer in college-all i am saying is no reason to have him start when can put back in pen and take Dunn's spot for next 8 years

Comment

Desco,Flynn,Williams,Nicolino,whoever we get in Cishek deal=#5 starter

Conley was a closer in college-all i am saying is no reason to have him start when can put back in pen and take Dunn's spot for next 8 years
                      The reason you have him start is maybe he can be better than those dudes. If not, he goes to the bullpen. But just moving him there now (when there isn't really a place for him in the pen anyways) is silly and shortsighted.
                      poop

Comment

The reason you have him start is maybe he can be better than those dudes. If not, he goes to the bullpen. But just moving him there now (when there isn't really a place for him in the pen anyways) is silly and shortsighted.
                        I don't mean tommorrow(in fact still on DL) I am talking next year. It's like "Glass Jaw" Dyson,we got him tried him as a SP and back to RP where he should have been in first place

Comment

• Conley has been so much better than Dyson that it's not even close to comparable.

Conley is a better prospect than all of those guys you're listing. Make them the pen guys.

Comment

I don't mean tommorrow(in fact still on DL)
                            Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            What we need to do is move him to the pen but we won't. It's the same with Conley,Urena-they could be great RP instead we insist on trying to make them starters.

OK. Well, that's that this sounded like.
                            poop

Comment

• Anything but Hatcher

Comment

• Conley has been a strong starter and was even a top 150 prospect for Sickels before the season. No reason to move him to the pen, just yet. I actually prefer him over Nicolino in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                                X