No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade 39th Overall Pick to Pirates for Bryan Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs have Bryant as the long-term 3B and they have Olt who will likely end up at 1B. I don't think we need to land an ace in order to be serious. If we are able to get a very good #3, I'm okay with that. I am in no way, shape or form trading Heaney. I am still hurt to this date that we traded Gonzalez instead of Stokes for Urbina, but hey, Uggy was a huge part of that '03 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I'm pretty surprised you guys are so down on Moran. Who cares if he had a rough start. He was hurt, and his RHP line is fine for Jupiter, let alone killing the ball for two weeks. Give him time. You can't trade him for a rental. Longterm piece? Sure, but that's not Samardzija. I think some of you are to caught up with his top end projection not being Longoriaesque. Who cares. He could still be a good player.

Marisnick is borderline just because they have 3 outfielders. He's what they can move along with the pitching how I see it.
      I'm not saying he's a bust. I'm also operating under the assumption that Samardijia is retained.
      Last edited by Mainge; 06-10-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• I don't know that people have given up on Moran he has just been disappointing
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Bet Moran goes 1-4 tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            Bet Moran goes 1-4 tonight
            He went 1-4 tonight. That's worthy of some positive rep.

Comment

• He actually just got another hit. He's 2-5 tonight, but they're both singles so it's the same shit in my eyes.

Comment

• So if Furcal comes back Friday and Heaney comes up Saturday, two 40-man moves are going to have to be made. There are some options. For Furcal, I assume Boar will be DFA since he is no longer "needed." The other is either DFA Wolf or Hatcher. If Heaney replaces Turner, then it'll be Hatcher. But if it's Wolf it could be either Wolf or Hatcher that is booted.
                --------------------
                However, Heaney is in line to start in New Orleans on Thursday. I don't know how the front office feels about getting Heaney off his regular rest routine.
                --------------------
                And it gets way more complicated if/when Hand and Gregg join the Marlins.
                Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-11-2014, 12:56 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I hope Bour stays over Solano.

Comment

• I agree, but I don't see any position players getting booted off the 40 for when Furcal comes back. They could get rid of two pitchers (Wolf/Hatcher) and someone else. (Hand?)

Comment

• Me thinks Angel Sanchez and Edgar Olmos get the boot. Both of them likely clear waivers.

Comment

• That is possible. Sanchez had a pretty good year last year so I think someone would take a chance on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                          I don't know that people have given up on Moran he has just been disappointing
                          Well he is hitting .326/.347/.565 in June and he did miss most of April with an injury, so the slow start shouldn't have been all that surprising. He'll be fine.

Comment

• Huston Street is in the last year of a 2 year contract and has a $7MM option for 2015. He's had a hell of a year. Wonder what SD wants for him? If we are able to make him our set-up guy and move Ramos/Dunn to the 7th it will do wonders to that bullpen.

I'm not sure how Street would feel about setting up Cishek though.
                            Last edited by Big Z; 06-11-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• a) who cares about how a guy feels about his role
                              b) we're not paying that kind of money for a reliever, ever
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Nor should we.

Comment

Working...
                                X