X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the worst quote yet.

Comment

JIM BOWDEN @JimBowdenESPNxm
      Jose Fernandez has a tear in his right throwing elbow for those that are trying to debate the injury
      That's essentially what a sprain is but to what degree is the bigger issue.

Comment

Can the replacement not be Kevin Slowey? Give Brad Hand a shot for the next month to see how much he truly sucks and call up Heaney when the time is right. Watching Kevin Slowey pitch for a team that is going nowhere is a waste of time.

Comment

Well fuck...

Comment

If we were 10-28 I'd let Hand pitch.

But let's not wave the white flag just yet. Slowey is better than Hand.

Comment

At some point, you have to figure out what you have in Brad Hand before you release him for good. I'd rather give the 24-year-old lefty with better stuff a chance than let Kevin Slowey be Kevin Slowey.

With Fernandez out for a long time, Turner struggling, etc., we should have an interest in developing young pitchers.

This team was probably not that good with Jose Fernandez. It's safe to say that they're bad now. Develop guys and let the Kevin Slowey's of the world pitch meaningless innings in long relief.

Comment

If I am conjecturing of a positive, Fernandez' arbitration is going to be 50% cheaper now, if not more. Strasburg is a good comp (who got $4 in first year). Literally in the range of $20-30 million savings (assuming they wouldn't buy him out, or waited to long).

I hope someone is pitching to Loria tomorrow after the shellshock is over, projected payroll is even lower moving forward. Can use that "savings" to throw extra on whatever is in their head for Stanton.

Comment

Party's over.
                  --------------------
                  Juan C. Rodriguez ‏@JCRMarlinsbeat 16m
                  Source: #Marlins anticipate Fernandez will require season-ending elbow surgery.
                  The Day the Season Died.
                  Last edited by Party; 05-12-2014, 07:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

@JonHeymanCBS: blow to marlins & baseball. RT @JCRMarlinsbeat: #Marlins anticipate Fernandez will require season-ending elbow surgery.
                    Again, this is an epidemic.

Comment

Wow..
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_REAL_MIBS View Post
                        Again, this is an epidemic.
                        I'm with MiamiHomer, MLB needs to start throwing money at studying this to come up with definitive answers on how to prevent this. I wonder how much of it is related to players in general reaching the human body's limit to put that kind of stress on an arm.

Comment

See you guys next year.

Fuck everything.

Comment

I'll still watch the games. I can't help myself.

Comment

May Fools???

Comment

I could make some comment discussing how this team still can compete this year despite how much the Fernandez injury sucks. How this team will still be fun to watch, and hopefully the team uses the injury as motivation to take their game to the next level rather than give up just because our lead pitcher is gone.

But then I saw Party changed his name to Party's Over. That is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X