No announcement yet.

Marlins Come From Behind, Win 8-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hech seems to have been working hard on his hitting. So far 2014 Hech is not 2013 Hech. He has improved the position of his arms at the plate, and like I've said before, he has a shorter swing and is able to determine where he wants to hit it a lot better. Hech has learned to pull pitches inside, and outside pitches to RF, which is what you're supposed to do. When you try to pull everything, you're not going to succeed. I'm very impressed by Hech and if he continues to learn, he's going to be very valuable for us.

Btw, anybody see that inside pitch Hech turned on yesterday for a double? That's something that 2014 Hech has learned to do. He's been hitting since the spring.
    Last edited by Big Z; 04-04-2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Andrew Heaney

Comment

Pitching prospect such as Desclafani, Heaney, Nicolino, Wittgren, Dyson, etc.

I wouldn't sleep on Silveiro too much either. He's likely going to work hard and get into form quick (2/4 yesterday with 2 singles and an RBI at AA btw).

The good thing about our farm is that we have a surplus of pitchjbg. Given, if we are in the race in July, we can trade one of our arms for a productive bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          Hech seems to have been working hard on his hitting. So far 2014 Hech is not 2013 Hech. He has improved the position of his arms at the plate, and like I've said before, he has a shorter swing and is able to determine where he wants to hit it a lot better. Hech has learned to pull pitches inside, and outside pitches to RF, which is what you're supposed to do. When you try to pull everything, you're not going to succeed. I'm very impressed by Hech and if he continues to learn, he's going to be very valuable for us.

Btw, anybody see that inside pitch Hech turned on yesterday for a double? That's something that 2014 Hech has learned to do. He's been hitting since the spring.
          It's been four games.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            It's been four games.
            He did it all through the spring also, and he has fixed his mechanics at the plate. He has a much smoother swing, I don't know if you've been watching.

Comment

yeah, "Erick"

watch the games

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                He did it all through the spring also, and he has fixed his mechanics at the plate. He has a much smoother swing, I don't know if you've been watching.
                Spring Training means very little and it's difficult to draw conclusions after four games.
                Hechavarria, like any other big league hitter, has hit in spurts before. Remember July of last year?

Comment

All he's saying is that Hech has changed his mechanics and approach. If that's true then it would be observable.

Noteworthy: in the 32 consecutive saves by Cishek, he has not been charged an earned run.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Since his last blown save: 47 appearances 47.2ip 33ha 6er 10bb 55k 1.13era 0.90whip .194baa

44 of his last 47 appearances have been scoreless. He's allowed 1 run in his last 23 innings.

Save opps: 28.1ip 18ha 0er 6bb 34k 0.00era 0.85whip
                    Non save opps: 19.1ip 15ha 6er 4bb 21k 2.79era 0.98whip
                    Last edited by HUGG; 04-04-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

That's as dominating as it gets.

Too bad he's never on baseball tonight so other GM's don't know how good he is.

Comment

If it's not the Dodgers, Yankees or Red Sox. You are not followed by Baseball Tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                          That's as dominating as it gets.

Too bad he's never on baseball tonight so other GM's don't know how good he is.
                          I know this is full on sarcasm, but I think you underestimate the ineptitude of many GM's.

Comment

I think that stereotype is becoming archaic. 10-15 years ago, yeah. But offices have changed and there is a trend towards putting more weight on the intellectual rather than a 'baseball guy'. Not that there aren't dumb GMs, just that that number is dwindling.

If any FO sums up ineptitude, it's probably ours.

Comment

The PR and money side is inept. The actual baseball people are not inept. Sure we've made some bad deals, but I'd say most teams would be envious of the amount of young talent we've been able to get back in trades.

Comment

daft, are you really going to punish me by not making a new game thread?
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X