Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update for today:

Marlins vs Nats (Fister pitching)

Marisnick: 2 for 2 (single to RF, double to RF)

Ozuna: 0 for 2 with a 2 K's

Hand: 4 IP 5H 3BB 3K's 5 ER (2 HR allowed)

Anyone know if Bogusevic is out of options? There's no way I let him make the team. The guy has 6 H, 1 BB in about 40 ABs, he's turning over on pitches and causing double plays. He looks terrible at the plate.
    Last edited by Big Z; 03-22-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
      with the dearth of young lefties coming up he's definitely going to be the odd man out soon
      Hate to be 'that guy', but dearth means scarce. And, by the context of your post, you mean abundant.
      Last edited by nny; 03-22-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I wonder if Ozuna isn't 100% healed from his injury?
        --------------------
        So Brad Hand gave up five runs (two homeruns) against the Mets' starting lineup. That might give Koehler the final spot>
        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 03-22-2014, 02:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Out of Options are Jones,Bogusevic,Turner,Hand

Koehler has already been told he made the roster-no clue if 5th Starter or LR tho

Henry Rodriguez is making a strong bid for the BP however looks like Caminero and Marmol will be making it instead.(Still not to bad for someone who couldnt find work in the offseason) Likely is they send him down to AAA and tell him he will be up soon

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            I wonder if Ozuna isn't 100% healed from his injury?
            Maybe. More likely, he's a strikeout prone hitter who isn't ready for the majors.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
              I like the fact that the Marlins could deal guys like Cishek, Ramos, and Dunn at the deadline and possibly still have a pretty awesome inhouse(and young) bullpen in the coming years. I am of course factoring in guys like DeSclafini, Flynn, Conley, and Hand being pushed to the pen due to depth; guys like Wittgren, Urena, and Suggs progressing; and Edgar Olmos and Carter Capps figuring it out.

Granted, it very well might not happen, but still nice to think about.
              Cishek and Dunn are very likely gonna be dealt at the Trade Deadline this year and you can probably add Carlos Marmol to that list as well If they play the cards right,Cishek will bring a massive haul and Dunn could bring a prospect and a pick back easily

DeScalfani and Conley will be bullpen guys in the majors
              Last edited by tjfla; 03-22-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                I like the fact that the Marlins could deal guys like Cishek, Ramos, and Dunn at the deadline and possibly still have a pretty awesome inhouse(and young) bullpen in the coming years. I am of course factoring in guys like DeSclafini, Flynn, Conley, and Hand being pushed to the pen due to depth; guys like Wittgren, Urena, and Suggs progressing; and Edgar Olmos and Carter Capps figuring it out.

Granted, it very well might not happen, but still nice to think about.
                I think it's very likely to happen we see a huge pitching move at the deadline (or earlier). I will go even further hypothetically to say the could do all of the following - Alvarez, Turner, Eovaldi, Hand, Cishek, Dunn, and Marmol (i.e., they hit arbitration, out of options, FA, or make above minimum for 2015). Seems crazy, but just follow it for discussion.

Second half depth chart could be...

SP - Fernandez, Heaney, Koehler, and let's say Nicolino and Flynn
                RP - Ramos, Caminero, Capps, Jennings, Dayton/Olmos, Slowey, and pick a right hander (Wittigren, Rodriguez, Roe, Sanchez)
                Significant upper minors - Conley, DeScalfani, Urena, Suggs, and rest of guys above
                2014 Draft - Take Rodon/Hoffman/Beade # 2 overall

That is a pre-arbitration club controlled pitching staff (minus slowey) in 2015. That's $7 million bucks total, for all pitching for the season.

Not advocating this as it's starting to stretch things thin (at a minimum, they should keep the best of Alvarez/Eovaldi/Turner/Hand for at least another year or two, probably Alvarez or Eovaldi depending how they do this year, which only would move the staff to a cost of $10 million, or one Giancarlo Stanton for 2015), but I'm just saying. They could absolutely blow it all out if everything relatively works out with the arms. The depth is great.

It's interesting to think about. That would bring back a lot at the deadline, hopefully multiple infield starting candidates, and I don't think the bottom line of pitching production changes much if Heaney is as advertised and they get innings out of the back end of rotation.

Anyways. We'll see how they do, but it'll be interesting. I just hope they make baseball moves and not pad Loria's bank account moves.

Comment

Today's game is on FSN with Turner pitching.

Comment

Just tuned in. Nothing like waking up late on a Sunday, channeling surfing, and finding the game without knowing before.
                    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Hech has developed a bunting game. He has a couple of bunt base hits this spring already. Very valuable if he's able to keep it up.

Comment

Nice slap single to right by Hech then gets picked off at first. I'm
                        Sure the numbers are out there but I feel like he's been picked off leading from
                        First more than anyone on the team.
                        --------------------
                        Turner no hits, 1 BB (to Miggy) through 4.
                        Last edited by BigGameFish; 03-23-2014, 01:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Does anybody have the number of times Hech was thrown out on the basepaths last season? It seems like the number should be unbelievably high.

Comment

Ozuna left game with leg cramp per Joe Frisaro.
                            Last edited by Big Z; 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Henry Rodriguez gave up three runs today. Might have put him on the outside looking in.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Marisnick just ripped a hard line drive double off LF wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X