No announcement yet.

State of Your Fandom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys, we're getting older and have real jobs and shit. It's hard for us to be as emotionally invested as we once were.

Oh, and we haven't made the playoffs in a decade. That hasn't exactly lit a fire in our baseball loins.

Comment

There's still plenty of adults who live and breathe by how their sports teams do.

I feel bad for them (not really, I mostly just judge them).

Far too many women getting beat up cause their fellas NFL team lost on Sunday, boys.

If you're still legit mad your team lost a regular season game an hour after the game is over, you take sports too seriously.

Comment

Agreed, Hugg.

I'm always surprised at how ridiculously serious people take NFL games especially (pre-game, during and post-game). It's cray.

Comment

I love baseball, this is my favorite baseball team, when I watch baseball I'll be watching this team baseball.
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

I'm going to really like them when Loria leaves town or he gets his head out of his ass, so I feel like my fandom is treading water. I have threatened to buy a different hat for 2 years now, but just can't get myself to do it. Trying to root for the guys (it's pretty impossible not to love Fernandez) but Loria makes it so god damn hard when there are so many logical opportunities (arbitration buyouts, etc.) to make the team better and they rarely do it.

Comment

Im still all in. The losses don't quite get to me like they used to. But that is the beauty of baseball, there is almost always a new game 24 hours or less away. Baseball is the best, and no other sport will ever come close to it in my opinion. And as much as I love all of the other teams I follow, its Marlins 1st and no other team can compete for my affection.

Comment

My interest and fandom have definitely waned. I liked tuning in to see Fernandez pitch, but other than that I really don't care much. This ownership group is so dumb and odious that it's hard to enjoy the team. Beyond that, baseball games take too damn long and there are too many of them. It's hard to keep up. I have life stuff going on and watching the games doesn't really keep me drawn in for terribly long.

I will say I'm excited to go to a game this year. The stadium seems super-cool.
                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I watch the games when they are on over here, but the Marlins appear to be a poor draw so that might be 3/4 times a season. I check the scores and watch the condensed games if it then sounded good or Jose was pitching.

I follow the MiLB affiliates and Marlins' prospects more than the actual team, what might be has certainly beaten what is the last few years. I missed the team in 08/09 as I was commuting and didn't have the internet which was a shame given the team.

I think the team will be a lot of fun to watch the next 3 years so I hope to follow a bit more closely. Still have never made it to a Marlins game, then again I have never seen a baseball game live so that would be some miracle. I first watched the team in '97 (game against the Orioles) and followed the '03-'06 campaigns closely as I had MLB.tv those years (and was an undergraduate) between the two titles the Marlins were never on TV in the UK so had very little way of following the team as we didn't have a computer.

Comment

File me with the others who would make it a point to watch all Jose starts, some Eovaldi/Alvarez starts, and then just the random (condensed) game here and there.
                    Sanchez life

Comment

Working...
                    X