No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @JoeFrisaro: at least 10 teams vying for @LoMoMarlins nothing close, offers getting better. Deal may or may not happen at #WinterMeetings #Marlins
    Twitter

That's a lot of teams. Should expect a good return.

Comment

• Some fun at the meetings-never seen so many middle aged men running around like idiots

Lets get to the action

LoMo has alot of interest but seems teams are holding off until they see what happens with all the other bats. Like its said Tampa/Milwaukee have best offers even tho both say no in on him. Milwaukee did offer Weeks but $$ is too much. Pitt also has an offer but are said to be 50/50 on him

Uribe is off of our radar since we signed Furcal. We wouldnt mind him but feeling is he is just using us to get a better offer

LAA got exactly what they wanted and what we wouldnt give.

Comment

• I heard we are looking at Josh Harrison from Pittsburgh in a deal for LoMo; that's pretty meh.

I wonder if Marlins would be interested in keeping LoMo at 1B and platoon Jones in LF with Ruggiano.

Just saw Lou mentioned something similar a couple of posts ago. I think this would be a good move for us.
        --------------------
        @Ken_Rosenthal: Hottest teams on LoMo, per source: #Brewers, #Pirates, #Mariners. Others also involved.
        Twitter

Please no Harrison or Weeks.
        Last edited by Big Z; 12-10-2013, 03:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I really wouldn't get my hopes up of them getting something good for Morrison. I'd still want him gone though.

Comment

• If they have to trade him, they should look to Oakland and get some pitching. Milone isn't even cracking their roster right now.

Comment

• Juan C. Rodriguez @JCRMarlinsbeat
              Being told #Marlins looking for a starting corner infieder-type and more in exchange for @LoMoMarlins

Comment

• Hmm.. Maybe they're asking for too much? I wonder if TOR is willing to deal Brett Lawrie (I am aware we'd have to give more). I'm still scratching my head as why TOR offered us Lind for LoMo.
                Last edited by Big Z; 12-10-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Is the ALL OUT WAR for LoMo over yet? Which team gave us the whole farm for him?????

Comment

• @JonHeymanCBS: #marlins become the 8th team in the eric chavez derby. makes sense. heres story on 1st 7. http://t.co/knqN8Zpcgm
                    Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      Twitter
                      THANK YOU.

We're not going to sign him, but damn it's nice the Marlins FINALLY took the time out to look at him as an option.

Comment

• I'm not sure what Chavez wants at this point in his career, but he only seems to have 2-3 options to start (TB, PIT, MIA). All his other options appear to represent bench rolls.

Comment

• mmmm bench rolls, with honey butter

I doubt he could handle a starting role physically.

Comment

• He could platoon down here with Lucas.

Comment

• TJ say hey to me tomorrow
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• We signed Garrett Jones. Not sure why he doesn't deserve his own thread.

Racist IMO.
                                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X