No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best part about the moves we've made so far, no young pitching has been given up but offensive will be improved. I don't mind moving Lomo. He hasn't shown me anything the past 2 years.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• On mobile but bored,

Salty-6
      Jones-2.5
      Furcal-3.5
      Hecha-2
      -
      Yelich-500k
      Ruggiano-2
      Stanton-7
      Mathis-1.5
      Dobbs-1.5
      Solano/Lucas-500k
      Morrison -2
      -

Fernandez, eovaldi, Alvarez-2(slight raises for Fernandez bump this)
      Turner-2

Cishek-3.5
      Dunn-1
      Ramos, Caminero, Jennings, Koehler, anyone-2.5 combined

Bell-4

Roundball, this is $45. Throw in Dietrich, Ozuna/Marisnick and Hand and were at 46.5

Where's the line, 50? 55?
      --------------------
      Lomo/Turner for trumbo is a wash if they go that way, trumbo arb1 and he has bombs even with the poor OBP.

They could get Uribe, a cheap innings eater, and a bench bat and be under $55 more than likely. Would be interesting at least.
      Last edited by lou; 12-06-2013, 04:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• If Jones is gonna play 1B...

Lucas hit .330/.374/.509 vs. lefties last season and .302/.350/.522 vs. them in the minors from 2011-13.
        --------------------
        man, Greg Dobbs doesn't fit this team at all. What a waste of a bench spot.
        Last edited by HUGG; 12-06-2013, 04:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• @jonmorosi: Sources: Red Sox and Brewers among teams that have checked in with Marlins about Logan Morrison. @FOXSports1
          Twitter

Comment

• That Lucas split is very surprising.

Comment

• With splits like that, Lucas very well could get starts at 1B. He did a nice job there last year.

Comment

• I didn't even realize Lucas did that well against lefties last season (or in the minors).

Hell, I'm all for Lucas starting against all lefties next season. Only 106 AB's against lefties last year, but if him and Jones could combine to OPS over .750 next season it'll be better than what we had last year.

Hell, Dietrich had an OPS of .879 against righties in 805 AB's in the minors. Lucas could just as easily platoon with Dietrich at 3B and I think we'd get good results there as well.

I agree with Erick that this team might be better served just going with platoons at multiple positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                  Trumbo has played 65 innings at 3rd in his professional career. He's not even an average first baseman defensively. The way the roster is being assembled defense is clearly taken into consideration. Meaning he won't be playing any significant amount of time at third base for the marlins
                  We have Perry Hill though.... Lol

Comment

• Mark Trumbo may be the most valuable trade chip the Angels have to play in their pursuit of starting pitching, but heading into next week's winter meetings in Orlando, Fla., that chip remains firmly in General Manager Jerry Dipoto's pocket, where it will probably stay.

"I wouldn't even say we're willing to trade Mark," Dipoto said, shooting down speculation the Angels were looking to deal their young slugger. "We haven't been out there shopping Trumbo. At the end of the day, our intention is to keep our team together and solve our starting pitching issues as best we can."
                    http://www.foxsportswest.com/mlb/los...medium=twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      If Jones is gonna play 1B...

Lucas hit .330/.374/.509 vs. lefties last season and .302/.350/.522 vs. them in the minors from 2011-13.
                      --------------------
                      man, Greg Dobbs doesn't fit this team at all. What a waste of a bench spot.
                      There is a sample size question in it but his success against lefties goes even further than that in the minors. B-R has him at a 1.000+ OPS against them in '09 and '10 too ('08, which is far as B-R goes back, he did poorly).

Him and Rugs definitely already give us two lefty bashers.

Keeping it cheap and in-system, Mark Canha has been bashing lefties too as a 1B/cOF platoon option if someone gets injured.

Comment

• Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that the Marlins have discussed internally the possibility of trading for Sean Rodriguez to fill their void at third base.
                        The Rays are known to have interest in Logan Morrison, whom the Marlins are expected to deal, so the two teams could easily line up for trade purposes. The 28-year-old Rodriguez, who has been known to destroy left-handed pitching, is a career .228/.304/.360 hitter.
                        Rotoworld

---

Rodriguez screams a Dietrich/Rodriguez platoon at 3B for next year and guessing they'd want to move that to 2B in 2015.

Might be ok if they get a real second piece as I'm assuming Morrison is the trade piece here.

Comment

• I don't see Dietrich as a platoon guy yet. He's shown the ability to hit LHP just as good as RHP in 2013 and 2011 so I'd rather see him getting consistent reps against both at whatever level he is at.

Dobbs is expected to have a roster spot and can't hit LHP if his life depended on it but can hit RHP to an extent so I would expect that platoon to start the season.

I wouldn't like a straight swap with morrison and rodriguez and adding in an additional player doesnt mean anything to me as the probability of that player being useful is pretty small. With all the reports out there I think a better player can be acquired with Morrison and don't think he needs to net a third basemen but should be jettisoned for the best player available

Comment

• Qualls to Astros 2/9.5MM per Rosenthal. That's two back end bullpen pieces now gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                              Qualls to Astros 2/9.5MM per Rosenthal. That's two back end bullpen pieces now gone.
                              2 BP guys gone for nothing!! They could have dealt Qualls for a prospect at the deadline and could have tendered Webb and dealt him too

Comment

• 2/6, third year option is 3.5
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X