No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know we could just not trade for Trumbo as we don't have a positional need for him.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ruge sees time at first.

Comment

• Garrett Jones HAS to be platooned. His splits are absolutely ridiculous. LoMo has been a better hitter against LHP vs RHP for whatever reason. Either platoon Morrison/Jones or trade Morrison and find somebody that can hit LHP to platoon with Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
        All of Seattle's prospect would look good for Stanton but I guess they're going for Price.
        Yep they like Stanton alot but Loria won't even discuss him. They have prospects tho that match for Tampa perfectly

Comment

• I also think Stanton long term ends up at 1st base to try and keep him healthy. Don't know when it will happen or with what team, but he's not long for the outfield.

Comment

• He'd probably make too much money, but Bronson Arroyo would look nice as an innings eater at the backend. He's part Cuban and from Florida too.

Realistically I wouldn't ming taking a chance on one of Colon (if the market sizzles), Hammel, Tommy Hanson, Daniel Hudson, Jair Jurrjens, Paul Maholm or Johan.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Wasn't Jones going to get less in arbitration? Could have traded Webb for Jones and then let Pit deal him haha

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of either the Furcal or Jones signings but I do like that they are being active so I'm far from upset with them.

. (EDIT: NM I had written this out, went away, cameback and then details are it's not 2/15 but 2/7.5 I like it a lot more now)
              Last edited by nny; 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• It's a really interesting approach. They have either gone all-out or nothing. They have really never done this where they aren't amazing signings, but they all help the team in one way or another.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                  Wasn't Jones going to get less in arbitration? Could have traded Webb for Jones and then let Pit deal him haha

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of either the Furcal or Jones signings but I do like that they are being active so I'm far from upset with them.

. (EDIT: NM I had written this out, went away, cameback and then details are it's not 2/15 but 2/7.5 I like it a lot more now)
                  Furcal signing isn't that bad-he plays till July and if we are out of it we trade him and if we are in it,we have a veteran who is probably having a decent year

Pittsburgh prolly would have kept Webb,they had interest in him last year at the deadline

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    The question is really, do you think he is capable of a 2+ WAR in 14 and 15? I like whoever you think can do that on a 2 year deal. I'm cool with Infante too, but I suspect that's a harder sign. Like I said, it's just hard to ignore Uribe's defense last two years. Go all Moneyball with this, undervalued asset potential.
                    The issue is is that he's going to be 36 in '15. The only offensive trait he has as a positive is power. Power does not age well. The second his power goes, the second his offense goes (as seen in '11-'12 when he .ISO'd sub-.100 both years). It doesn't matter how good his defense is when he's OPSing .500

1 year I like him. 2 years meh but okay. 3 years I really do not like it.

Comment

• @CDeNicola13: If the deal goes through, LoMo to #Brewers? #Marlins eyed 3B Aramis Ramirez in '11. Free agent in '15.
                      Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Ya but Jones is signed to play 1B-if LAA says get Johnny Hellweg and we will take Alvarez and Hellweg for Trumbo,how dont u do it? U get Trumbo to play 3B and then 1B

I am not saying trade LoMo for a 19 yr old in Rookie ball just to get rid of him
                        If you're getting a quality player back, that changes things. I'm fine with trading LoMo if you're getting value back. I just don't like the idea of trading him in hopes of getting anything for him.

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        It's a really interesting approach. They have either gone all-out or nothing. They have really never done this where they aren't amazing signings, but they all help the team in one way or another.
                        Exactly. That's why I like what they're doing. It's the way good franchises without huge payrolls build teams. Develop your own, and make bargain signings to supplement, with maybe the odd big signing. These are solid players they're bringing in right now. If they stay healthy and the pitchers develop the way they should, this could be a competitive team next year.
                        Last edited by sports24/7; 12-06-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Aramis Ramirez thing could be interesting

Milwaukee prolly wants his salary gone and could play 3B till Moran is ready then move to 1B

Comment

• Aramis basically has a 1 year/20m contract - 2 year/30m contract.

MIL would have to eat significant money for that.

Comment

• #brewers indeed among teams looking at @LoMoMarlins i think marlins are making a mistake, but i am partial to his tweets
                              -Jon Heyman
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                -Jon Heyman
                                I agree with Heyman. I believe they're making a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X