Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Frisaro brought this thing up on Twitter which I thought was kind of interesting.

He used 1/25 and I'm sure he was joking, but for the purpose of playing a game...

Cano came into the offseason expecting 300+ million according to rumors. Rumors now have him possibly not reaching 200 million.

Fangraphs played a game last year in the middle of the season asking how much people would pay for one year of Mike Trout.

As of right now, the hole on our team is the infield. Our pitching is pretty good and has some good depth. We have a potential superstar in our OF (Stanton) and a guy who could become pretty good quickly (Yelich). Saltalamacchia makes the catching situation better.

Say you take a chance with Dietrich/Morrison on the corners (maybe sign a couple of cheap RH bats to platoon them)...

How much would you pay for one year of Robinson Cano?
    $25 million dollars. I would backload the contract and not pay him until the last game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      Baseball Team Shockingly Changes Opinion On Young Player In One Year; Film At 11.

Join us as we break down Rob Brantly and the 215 other players whose stock has changed dramatically since a year ago.
      To be fair, he was always shitty and that was a dumb statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        $25 million dollars. I would backload the contract and not pay him until the last game of the season.
        He would have no reason to accept 1/25. He can get 25 AAV and a long-term contract.

Would anyone offer him 40+ for a year? We get a superstar for a year and he would get to become a free agent again next year to potentially (based on what he does here) get the type of contract he wants.

He would provide a 6-7 win upgrade over Solano.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          He would have no reason to accept 1/25. He can get 25 AAV and a long-term contract.

Would anyone offer him 40+ for a year? We get a superstar for a year and he would get to become a free agent again next year to potentially (based on what he does here) get the type of contract he wants.

He would provide a 6-7 win upgrade over Solano.
          No way, that's too much money. I think he ends up with the NYM or TEX. I would love if he ended up in COL but I know that won't happen. They have their assets tied up for the next couple of years.

Comment

• I feel like there's no way Uribe has a WAR north of 2.5 next year.

Zero science involved in that feeling.
            --------------------
            lou, call me

The 954 line
            Last edited by Namaste; 12-03-2013, 10:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Steamer actually projects him to have a 2.8 WAR in 2014.

Comment

• I'd really like us to take a shot on Casey McGehee.

he hit .292/.376/.515 in Japan this year and he has hit before in the majors (.291/.346/.477 in 1064pa in 2009-10, but then fell off the table in 11-12, .221/.282/.351 in 952), so it's not totally impossible to think he could again

Comment

• Hugg, are you saying we need a one timer here?

If you're saying yes on the one timer, Daddy is in.

Comment

• well, I mean, if I was running a team like this, I would stockpile a bunch of low-risk options and see what happens

he seems like maybe he could have a good couple years, possibly, so take a shot

one time

Comment

• Third person referral to oneself as Daddy is excellent

Comment

• He also played for the champions over there.

CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE, BOYS

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          I feel like there's no way Uribe has a WAR north of 2.5 next year.

Zero science involved in that feeling.
                          --------------------
                          lou, call me

The 954 line
                          Well if we apply science, his defensive rating was out of this world last year and he was 40 points up on his BABIP. I think you sign him as a 2 WAR player and if he brings something else, great. 2/$14 is probably pretty reasonable, and that bridges the gap perfectly to Moran. Uribe could shift to 2B if Dietrich sucks and Moran moves faster than expected too.

Comment

• Solano is gonna play 2B cause Loria hates Dietrich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                              I'd really like us to take a shot on Casey McGehee.

he hit .292/.376/.515 in Japan this year and he has hit before in the majors (.291/.346/.477 in 1064pa in 2009-10, but then fell off the table in 11-12, .221/.282/.351 in 952), so it's not totally impossible to think he could again
                              This sounds like the plot to Mr. Baseball. But hey minor league deal, go for it.

I'd rather go for Corey Hart or Garret Jones though.

Comment

• well, I was looking at 3B specifically

Comment

Working...
                                X