Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    Not sure if true, but I just heard multi-year deal upwards of $10MM/yr.
    Ya looks like they are just figuring out what the 3rd year will look like-either team or mutual option maybe even cash for a buyout

Comment

• I would much rather have invested this $ into Napoli at 1B, but I guess 1B is a want and not a need at this moment.
      --------------------
      @psaundersdp: Gang, to clarify, I was asking if #Rockies had any interest in Saltalamacchia. I was told no, he's heading to Miami. That from Rox source.
      Twitter

FYI
      --------------------
      @MikeBerardino: Person w/direct knowledge: Saltalamacchia has a 3-year offer in hand from the #Marlins and is meeting today with MIA owner Jeffrey Loria.
      Twitter
      Last edited by Big Z; 12-03-2013, 03:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Passan is reporting 3/$21-24 for salty.

If so, I love it.
        poop

Comment

• @JeffPassan: Source: Marlins extreme favorites to land Jarrod Saltalamacchia after offering a three-year deal believed to be worth $7-8M a year.
          Twitter

Much more legitimate source. If true, this seems to be a steal given the ridiculous amount of money that everyone is getting around MLB.

Comment

• That's a good deal.

Comment

• What do you guys think Napoli is asking for?

Comment

• Jcr just confirmed 3/21. That would be amazing. My guess is he makes $4 million next year and gets traded after
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• @JCRMarlinsbeat: Per source, #Marlins offer to Jarrod Saltalamacchia three years, $21 million.
                  Twitter
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  Jcr just confirmed 3/21. That would be amazing. My guess is he makes $4 million next year and gets traded after
                  Last edited by Big Z; 12-03-2013, 04:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Does he cost a pick?

Comment

• So 34 year old Carlos Ruiz gets 3/26 and 28 year old Salty gets 3/21.

Yeah, I'm cool with that.

Comment

• Considering he sucks against lefties, picking up the TOR catcher to platoon wouldn't be a bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                          So 34 year old Carlos Ruiz gets 3/26 and 28 year old Salty gets 3/21.

Yeah, I'm cool with that.
                          Yeah, I like it now.

Comment

• Play Mathis vs lhp
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                              Does he cost a pick?
                              He didn't receive a qualifying offer from Boston, so I don't believe so.

Comment

• Jeff Mathis has hit LHP better than he's hit RHP his entire career. I'm fine starting Mathis against lefties given what he did for our pitching staff last season (especially Jose).

.620 career OPS vs lefties as opposed to a .542 OPS against righties. Not amazing either way, but he walks nearly 2% more against lefties. I've sold myself into this platoon.
                                Last edited by dim; 12-03-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X