Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
    Well considering other relievers like Belisario, Axford, and Wesley Wright were also non-tendered, maybe there just wasn't a trade market for relievers out there. Teams were obviously counting on those type of pitchers getting non-tendered or trades would have been made.
    Those guys, especially Axford, would make a lot more in arbitration. Probably million plus each. And if that's the case, they should have kept him. He's good and you can never have enough pitching.

Comment

• I disagree that he's good...but OK.

Comment

• Yea ground ball pitchers with career 3.45 FIP coming off best year of their career aren't good. I get he is a "7th" inning guy but you can't just give them away. He will be better than the Marlins 7th best reliever in 2014 and that's a problem.

Comment

• I've watched him for 3 years now...I just don't think he's very good. Sorry.

Comment

• Apology accepted.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              Apology accepted.
              Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

• Patrick Saunders ‏@psaundersdp 11m
                For those #Rockies fans curious about free-agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, I'm told he's going to #Marlins.

Comment

• Kirijax ‏@KiriJax 1m
                  Interesting. @Marlins FA contestant Saltalamacchia is Sicilian for Jump over the thicket. As in BrerRabbit.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• The new Pudge!
                    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Sounds like Salty is a Marlin based on the Twittersphere, which is super reliable
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      The fuh...
                      Last edited by dim; 12-03-2013, 03:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Salty!!!!!
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Not sure if true, but I just heard multi-year deal upwards of $10MM/yr.

Comment

• Looks like Salty to Miami is close-His agent is trying to squeeze more cash out of us however looks like a deal is close

Could also be playing 1B some if we trade LoMo-heard Tampa has stepped up efforts on him

Comment

• Although I'd like to keep Morrison and not trade him for a C level prospect, signing Arencibia and putting Salty at 1B isn't the worst idea in the world. Adds some power to the lineup even if Arencibia is hot garbage who is nearly universally hated by Blue Jays fans.

Comment

• I can't fathom how LoMo would have any trade value right now, and I hope we won't be paying Salty $10 million a year to be a below average 1st baseman. Catcher is where he has value.

Comment

Working...
                                X