No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they can still sign non-tenders though, right? I'm holding out hope for Coghlan
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• @JonHeymanCBS: aj pierzynski, red sox agree to a deal
      Twitter

Another catcher off the market. Looks like it's down to Salty, Bello, or nothing... Well they could always trade for a C.

Comment

• Or Arencibia

Comment

• the amazing thing about all this to me is, we know that Loria calls the shots - so clearly he wants a catcher badly - but it was just a year ago he produced this gem:

I wouldn't call Polanco a Triple-A player, I wouldn't call our shortstop a Triple-A player. I wouldn't call our second baseman a Triple-A player. I certainly wouldn't call Rob Brantly that.
          soooooooooooooooooooo
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
            There was no reason not to non tender Webb. He obviously didn't have a trade market and the Marlins didn't want to pay him more than he's worth. The Marlins have plenty of cheaper options.
            Salary is irrelevant, Webb wouldn't clear $2 in arbitration and is better than 3-4 guys that will end up in the Marlins pen.

Easily tradeable if they tendered him and they really didn't want him. It's just horrible player management. Loria is the worst. Ryan must be thrilled today.

Comment

• Why are you assuming they didn't try to trade him?

Comment

• What would Cogs have gotten in arbitration Lou? I'm shocked with the black hole that exists at third and thought they were going to give him a shot there.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  the amazing thing about all this to me is, we know that Loria calls the shots - so clearly he wants a catcher badly - but it was just a year ago he produced this gem:

soooooooooooooooooooo
                  Baseball Team Shockingly Changes Opinion On Young Player In One Year; Film At 11.

Join us as we break down Rob Brantly and the 215 other players whose stock has changed dramatically since a year ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    Twitter

Another catcher off the market. Looks like it's down to Salty, Bello, or nothing... Well they could always trade for a C.
                    It is another catcher off the market, but it's also another catching-needy team out of the market. According to Barry Jackson it looks like it's down to us and the Twins. He is from South Florida so that could help our cause.

Comment

• @Buster_ESPN: Ryan Hanigan is being traded to the Rays, a team that has long coveted him.
                      Twitter

He was mentioned on here yesterday; he gone.
                      --------------------
                      @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Free-agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia continuing talks with #Marlins and #Twins.
                      Twitter

Update, sort of.
                      Last edited by Big Z; 12-03-2013, 11:39 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• We are gonna try to sign Arencibia still

No clue about Ryan Webb tho? He can be easily replaced however the trade market would have been nice for him. Could have easily gotten a prospect for him.

Coghlan non-tender was about $. Can be replaced with a minor leaguer or even Paredes.

This is 1 reason tho teams don't even talk trade with us tho anymore-why try to trade for someone when u can get him for nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          We are gonna try to sign Arencibia still

No clue about Ryan Webb tho? He can be easily replaced however the trade market would have been nice for him. Could have easily gotten a prospect for him.

Coghlan non-tender was about $. Can be replaced with a minor leaguer or even Paredes.

This is 1 reason tho teams don't even talk trade with us tho anymore-why try to trade for someone when u can get him for nothing?
                          Arencibia>Salty?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            Why are you assuming they didn't try to trade him?
                            I'm not, I'm stating the Marlins front office is a joke. They could have gotten something for him rather than a release. Webb is a good reliever.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                            What would Cogs have gotten in arbitration Lou? I'm shocked with the black hole that exists at third and thought they were going to give him a shot there.
                            More than you think because of his amount of playing time, I would think over $2 million slightly. I thought there was a chance they may keep him on a one year deal for around $800k-$1 mil and say you will be non-tendered if not. But guess they want to go in another direction. I don't care about this one. Webb is just a pathetic move.
                            Last edited by lou; 12-03-2013, 12:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Well considering other relievers like Belisario, Axford, and Wesley Wright were also non-tendered, maybe there just wasn't a trade market for relievers out there. Teams were obviously counting on those type of pitchers getting non-tendered or trades would have been made.
                              Last edited by fauowls44; 12-03-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• @PhilMackey: Source tells me #Marlins are offering Saltalamacchia 2 years w/ 3rd-yr team option. Guessing Twins will have to top it (guarantee 3rd year?)
                                Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X