No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ### The Marlins have been receiving interesting trade offers for first baseman Logan Morrison, to the point that they will now strongly consider dealing him in the coming weeks, according to a source in touch with the Marlins' front office. The Marlins aren’t sure what they would do at first base if they trade Morrison. Fox's Ken Rosenthal mentioned pricey free agent Mike Napoli as a possibility but not a likelihood.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Herald

I would like to see LoMo get a shot at a full healthy year. If he's traded, my guess is he ends up in Colorado.
    Last edited by Big Z; 11-27-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• The Marlins aren’t sure what they would do at first base if they trade Morrison.
      this is not how you run a baseball team

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        At the end of the day 1b is an easy position to replace. They'd probably move Yelich to 1B and keep Marisnick in the OF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          It depends on the return. Losing Morrison doesn't make the team any worse. The guy posted a negative WAR the past two years. I'd trade him for anything that would improve the team as losing Morrison's past production isn't going to be a loss. Yeah everything might click for Logan next year but that can't be counted on.

Comment

• I really see him going to Colorado. They have Wilin Rosario and another kid that's coming up who's a catcher with pop in AA, Tom Murphy. I'm assuming if the deal is for Rosario, we'd have to give a pitching prospect at least.

Rockies were said to be looking for a closer as well.
            Last edited by Big Z; 11-27-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Houston,Colorado,Tampa,Milwaukee are teams that like Morrison. As for 1B,backup plans include Stanton or Yelich at 1B or signing a FA with Uribe/James Loney/Mark Reynolds as possible and Napoli and Kendrys Morales as long shots or keep trying to see if LAA will bite on a SP not named Eovaldi for Trumbo. We keep trying to get Trumbo however LAA is not high on Alvarez or Turner. They like Napoli and Morales however contract and giving up a pick makes the not likely

The thinking is sell high on LoMo and his value is very high right now. The concern is that he gets hurt again and his value will plummet

Also an interesting story on the Rule 5 Draft-Possible pick for us?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...-rule-5-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                At the end of the day 1b is an easy position to replace. They'd probably move Yelich to 1B and keep Marisnick in the OF.
                Really hope it's not Yelich at first

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  The thinking is sell high on LoMo and his value is very high right now
                  Uuuummmm

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Uuuummmm
                    Yeah....
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    Remember that one time they traded our top (and only) 3B prospect (for nothing), then traded our current 3B for peanuts on the dollar, thereby creating a massive positional hole?

Their foresight is uncanny.

You hear so much about "then plan" or "the process" when an organization is failing. You don't hear that come from our team, and that's because it's very hard to believe there is any plan or process in place. It's amazing the amount of contradicting moves they have made.
                    Last edited by nny; 11-27-2013, 04:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• the plan is to make money.

Mainge why don't you want to see Yelich at 1st?

Comment

• Boys, don't forget that LoMo's tweets raise his value a ton.

Comment

• I would much rather Yelich at 1B than Stanton. Yelich's arm is a weakness. Stanton has one of the best in baseball from the outfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

The thinking is sell high on LoMo and his value is very high right now.
                            Yeah, LoMo's been great. I'm sure teams are lining up to acquire him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                              the plan is to make money.

Mainge why don't you want to see Yelich at 1st?
                              His power doesn't play well at first. He's a long term piece and I'd rather him play where he's most valuable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                                His power doesn't play well at first. He's a long term piece and I'd rather him play where he's most valuable.
                                Plus, if the plan is to move Yelich to 1B to put Ozuna and Marisnick in the OF every day as soon as next year, that's probably a terrible idea. I guess Ruggiano is still here but there's been talk of trading him too for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X