• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT'S SO MARLINS ASS

Comment

www.FootballDay.com

Comment

I came for the no-hitter, but stayed for the K-Pop YouTube.
        Sanchez life

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          THAT'S SO MARLINS ASS
          Front office ass.

Comment

FRONT OFF-ASS
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Scott Miller @ScottMCBS
              Of course they are: the Marlins are selling unsold tix to yesterday's Alvarez no-hitter. $15 each
              AHHAHEHAHEHAHEHAHEHA

Comment

Comment

Does it come with a Loria selfie pic too?

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                    FRONT OFF-ASS
                    I like what you did here

Comment

• They did that for the Halladay perfect game. White Sox did it too.

Comment

• I know they did.

Comment

• I know Fangraphs' WAR is based on FIP (and hence not that usefult), however Alvarez was at 1.9 in 102 2/3 (17 starts) which over a season is clearly approximately 4.0 WAR. Only 20 pitchers in all of baseball outperformed that.

Based on RA9 he was at 1.6 wins, again equating to ~3.2 (assuming linearity) over the season which would put him around number 42 on the list of MLB pitchers.

Whether he is an extreme ground ball pitcher or not that is at least a number 3/4 pitcher, which is not to be sniffed at.

Eovaldi may have relatively poor peripherals (which he has consistently outperformed at a similar rate), but with a top 3 velocity FB in MLB and a decent slider, he is better than most number 3's across the league.

Comment

• Well, stupid begets stupid. The Marlins have been selling the 9,100 unused tickets to Henderson Alvarez's walk-off no-hitter in the season finale. Dumb, but not unbearably so. Until they fucked up the date on the print-out tickets.

Look, if you're going to sell shitty vanity PDFs—which is despicable and perverse and naturally the Marlins are doing this instead of sending real tickets—the least you can do is get the goddamn date right. It's the whole reason to spend $15 (plus fees) for one of these monstrosities. Here's a screenshot of the ticket they sent reader Steve, for the game Sunday, September 29, 2013:

October 3rd is a Thursday, for anyone counting. In the interest of reader service, here's a PDF of a ticket with the correct date (all personal information altered or removed), because the Marlins use Helvetica and it took 90 seconds, and also because $39 for two PDFs is a vile perversion of natural order.

http://deadspin.com/the-marlins-put-...o-h-1434201936

Comment

• So it isn't even a real ticket, it's like one of the PDFs that you print out if you buy it online. That makes this is more pathetic than I imagined it.

Comment

• Yeah - that sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X