Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    As opposed to doing what?
    Complaining, overanalyzing, saying Beinfest jerks off to videos of people running fast.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Complaining, overanalyzing, saying Beinfest jerks off to videos of people running fast.
      this is a message board

Comment

Eh, true. I think people just spend too much time getting worked up one way or the other. If your are a fan of this team, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride because trying to ascertain why they operate the way they do can drive a person bananas.
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          I thought, and I could be way off base here, the Marlins asked for Showtime(?) to cancel it
          I think you're right.

But I'm sure that request came because they were terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            I think you're right.

But I'm sure that request came because they were terrible.
            I think that's why. The ended up counting the preview episode as a real one because they had to have a minimum or something.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I always thought it was a silly idea for a baseball team in the first place. Especially the timing, when NFL teams were shunning Hard Knocks left and right due to the distraction and negative light it usually shed the team in.
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                service time shit too.
                regarding this. Will Ozuna and Dietrich avoid super 2 status if they stay down until September?
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Ralph you'll always have super 2 status with me, pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                    regarding this. Will Ozuna and Dietrich avoid super 2 status if they stay down until September?
                    Half asleep, but the quick math is Ozuna has 84 days service time, Dietrich 76. To be ultra safe, they should keep them under 120 days of service time, but realistically the cut off will be in the 130s.

So they just need to be down until say, mid August.

Comment

I took a Super 2 this morning
                      --------------------
                      Erick
                      Yesterday, 10:45 PM
                      Yet another stupid move by this organization.
                      /.ghey
                      --------------------
                      THANKS LORIA
                      Last edited by emkayseven; 07-23-2013, 10:31 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

They are both gonna be coming back up as soon as the Deadline passes,they are looking to trade Pierre,Ruggiano,Dobbs,and Polanco.

Texas is waiting to hear on Nelson Cruz but if he is gone,they have targeted Ruggiano. The NYY has had talks with us about Polanco

We are trying to get something for them instead of just releasing them outright.
                        Last edited by tjfla; 07-23-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          They are both gonna be coming back up as soon as the Deadline passes,they are looking to trade Pierre,Ruggiano,Dobbs,and Polanco.

Texas is waiting to hear on Nelson Cruz but if he is gone,they have targeted Ruggiano. The NYY has had talks with us about Polanco

We are trying to get something for them instead of just releasing them outright.
                          I don't see how it's a good idea to have Yelich, Marisnick, and Ozuna up at the same time. Stanton will be in RF every night and you want young players playing regularly. Only 2 of those 3 will be starting. You could rotate them, but wouldn't it better serve them to be playing every night whether it's in AA or the majors? You could argue with Yelich's struggles against lefties you could sit him against them, but I would rather see him work on hitting lefties for his long term success.

Comment

Got me just what I heard-they would have kept Ozuna and Dietrich up however they are trying to get stuff for the vets instead of releasing them so they sent them down until they do

All of them can play all 3 OF spots and always could have Yelich/Stanton play 1B as well or DH when in AL parks.

Dietrich can play 2B or 3B so soon as Polanco finds a new home(Have had discussions with NYY-Polanco and IFA Slot for a prospect) he is back up

Comment

I look forward to seeing these two, service time stuff be damned.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Got me just what I heard-they would have kept Ozuna and Dietrich up however they are trying to get stuff for the vets instead of releasing them so they sent them down until they do

All of them can play all 3 OF spots and always could have Yelich/Stanton play 1B as well or DH when in AL parks.

Dietrich can play 2B or 3B so soon as Polanco finds a new home(Have had discussions with NYY-Polanco and IFA Slot for a prospect) he is back up
                                If Yelich or Stanton is playing 1B where is Morrison?
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X