No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad, I'd rather get pitching prospects. Silverio's 26, and his minor league numbers were never that impressive. Oh yeah, and he hasn't played professional ball, in 2 years, let the Dodgers have him I say. The Dodgers can easily find a better 3B option than Solano, so it doesn't really make sense for them either.

Edit: I mean it's not a bad proposal. I just don't get our infatuation with Silverio. seems to me we have better, younger options.
    Last edited by Nick; 06-27-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Solano is a utility player off the bench if that.

Comment

I was excited about Silverio before the season, but not so much now. Just going based on what I have heard so far.

I agree with Solano being a utility player, but maybe the Dodgers may see him as more or can even platoon him there.

Comment

I'm confused. I thought Silverio was ours? Was he returned back to the Dodgers?

Comment

He was a Rule 5 pick, so he needs to spend a certain amount of time on the active roster, or he needs to be returned to the Dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
              He was a Rule 5 pick, so he needs to spend a certain amount of time on the active roster, or he needs to be returned to the Dodgers.
              I believe it's the entire season, not a certain amount of time

Comment

yeah, but we can't keep him on the DL the entire year, and then take him off the final day of the season and he'd be ours, though. I'm sure there's a certain amount of games he'd actually have to be off the DL. (I don't know what this number is though)

Comment

Active for 90 days I believe.

Comment

He has to spend 90 Days on the Active Roster if not we have to offer him back. All I mean by rights is instead of putting him on the ML Roster,we can do what we want with him.

Usually teams receive very low prospects or even cash for the rights to Rule 5 Guys. So it's not a big issue.

The deal that we are talking would be Nolasco and IFA Cash for 2 prospects and possibly Silverio. No Lee,Dunn,Solano Maybe Pierre and even that is a big maybe.

If they wanted to trade are interested in trading Lee then the Cubs would have already called and offered Garza for him

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      He has to spend 90 Days on the Active Roster if not we have to offer him back. All I mean by rights is instead of putting him on the ML Roster,we can do what we want with him.

Usually teams receive very low prospects or even cash for the rights to Rule 5 Guys. So it's not a big issue.

The deal that we are talking would be Nolasco and IFA Cash for 2 prospects and possibly Silverio. No Lee,Dunn,Solano Maybe Pierre and even that is a big maybe.

If they wanted to trade are interested in trading Lee then the Cubs would have already called and offered Garza for him
                      who is Lee? Carlos Lee? Did we go back in time?
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Zach

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          who is Lee? Carlos Lee? Did we go back in time?
                          Hey we could always sign him and do a 3 way deal with LA and Houston(If Carlos approves it of course)

Houston-John Ely
                          LA-Carlos Lee
                          Miami-Matt Dominguez and Rob Rasmussen

Even tho we would be lucky if Dominguez hit 10 HR's a year or even 50 RBI's before the All Star Break in the majors he could be a Gold Glove 3B till Moran is ready and Rasmussen could be a decent arm out of the pen

O wait Nevermind

and that is Zach Lee

Comment

• Dominguez would be in New Orleans

cause Polanco's veteran leadership

Comment

• what about Ed Lucas doe
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Ed Lucas has a .382 OBP emkayseven.

ED LUCAS IS A SAINT!
                                Last edited by Nick; 06-27-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X