No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a fan of trading LoMo, but Yankees want Nolasco and I heard that Teixera is out for the year. Maybe we can trade both of them to Yankees or do a 3 way trade and trade LoMo to NYY and Nolasco elsewhere.

This will leave 1B open for Yelich and an OF spot for Marisnick.

I am not sure what LoMo's value is right now, but it would be interesting to exercise this option and see if anyone over pays.

Comment

meh
      --------------------
      The Yankees best prospects are a C we have zero chance of getting and a bunch of outfielders, which totally defeats the purpose.

Not to mention there's zero reason to trade Morrison.
      Last edited by HUGG; 06-27-2013, 09:27 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Well, he doesn't wanna trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          meh
          --------------------
          The Yankees best prospects are a C we have zero chance of getting and a bunch of outfielders, which totally defeats the purpose.

Not to mention there's zero reason to trade Morrison.
          That's why you include a 3rd team.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            I am not a fan of trading LoMo, but Yankees want Nolasco and I heard that Teixera is out for the year. Maybe we can trade both of them to Yankees or do a 3 way trade and trade LoMo to NYY and Nolasco elsewhere.

This will leave 1B open for Yelich and an OF spot for Marisnick.

I am not sure what LoMo's value is right now, but it would be interesting to exercise this option and see if anyone over pays.
            I don't see why you trade a guy who's young, cheap, and hitting well right now to open up room for two question marks. LoMo's stock really isn't high enough where we'd get anything great for him I would imagine. So really, you'd be trading him just to trade him. If Ozuna, Marisnick, and Yelich continue to progress and you feel you can keep Stanton, that's when you can start shopping LoMo as he will start to get more expensive and potentially his stock could be significantly higher. No reason to trade him now though.

Comment

They are open to trading LoMo but want alot for him. Most believe tho that LoMo and Stanton will be here still.

The Nolasco thing is getting fun tho,they have been talking to 6 teams(LAD,SD,Col,SF,Balt and NYY) LAD,SF,NYY are fine with paying ALL of his salary as long as they get some IFA cash in the deal. Baltimore is also OK with paying most of his salary however the prospects that got don't really interest us. SD and Col both like Nolasco however want us to pay his salary if we want good prospects in return. They also are a little scared about trading for a guy who is a FA.

We do have offers tho from LAD,SF,Colorado and Balt. Just playing the waiting game now.

SD is interesting in Slowey as well as Ryan Webb and Qualls(Those are the others they are talking about)

Comment

Do you have any of the names included in the offers received?

Comment

Do you have any of the names included in the offers received?
                  Just from SF/LAD

We were supposedly in deep talks with Colorado until they said we pay all the salary,but like Bowden said-no real reason to pay his salary when teams like LAD,SF are offering the same prospects with no cash(just IFA that we won't use anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Just from SF/LAD

We were supposedly in deep talks with Colorado until they said we pay all the salary,but like Bowden said-no real reason to pay his salary when teams like LAD,SF are offering the same prospects with no cash(just IFA that we won't use anyway)
                    Makes sense. The names on the offers are the same as you previously mentioned, no?

Comment

Makes sense. The names on the offers are the same as you previously mentioned, no?
                      They want pitching in return(2 Prospects-1 Top Arm and a lower project arm like they have been getting in deals) but who knows with them. I have heard that they have like 10 guys(Nolasco,Slowey,Qualls,Webb,Dunn,Cishek,Polanc o,Pierre,Dobbs,Ruggiano) that they have had calls on and listened on

LAD is the team they have talked with the most and they are fine talking his whole salary. They also have stuff that we like in Reed,Garcia,Withrow and we can also get Silverio rights
                      Last edited by tjfla; 06-27-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Would be awesome if they trade LoMo.

Comment

That Padres deal sounds pretty good to me.

I'd still love it if we could somehow get Blackburn/Kickham and Susac from the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            That Padres deal sounds pretty good to me.

I'd still love it if we could somehow get Blackburn/Kickham and Susac from the Giants.
                            The only issue with the SD offer would be that they want us to throw in cash,the LA and SF deals don't.

That is what I was hearing tho

LAD-1 of Reed,Garcia,Withrow,another project arm and Silverio for Nolasco,IFA Cash and possibly Pierre

SF-1 of Blackburn,Stratton,Agosta,another project arm for Nolasco and IFA Cash

Comment

Why do you have an issue with us throwing in cash? If we've learned anything from Jeffrey Loria's ownership over the past 12 years, it's that the $6 million we'd be saving on Nolasco will either be a) used stupidly on a free agent we will trade in a year or b) pocketed by Loria.

Comment

Crazy thought, but how would a Nolasco, Solano (they need a 3B), and Dunn for Lee, rights to Silverio, and lower prospect sound?

Comment

Working...
                                X