• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like that offer sucks.

Comment

• Josh Bell?

Mercy me!

*fans self*

*mimics fainting like in those old-time-y productions about the antebellum south*
      poop

Comment

• Also I see we are talking about the 2014 Draft-If we get a Top 5 pick don't be surprised to see us take Rodon,Beede or Nola and fast track them thru the minors like Heaney.

We are gonna have a massive draft pool in 2014 and if we play the cards right we should have no issues taking any of them money wise

Comment

• If that offer left people in the FO "stunned," then they're as hapless as most of the people on this board think.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Josh Bell?

Mercy me!

*fans self*

*mimics fainting like in those old-time-y productions about the antebellum south*
            Like I said even the Yes Men wanted to do the deal. Pittsburgh was not playing,they need 1 piece and that is a power hitting RF and they were very ready to trade for 1

Knowing our guys we would try to get even more for Stanton but if u look at the Pittsburgh system-its not bad at all. Taillon,Henson,Polanco,Bell,Glasnow,Herrera are all very nice prospects

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Like I said even the Yes Men wanted to do the deal. Pittsburgh was not playing,they need 1 piece and that is a power hitting RF and they were very ready to trade for 1

Knowing our guys we would try to get even more for Stanton but if u look at the Pittsburgh system-its not bad at all. Taillon,Henson,Polanco,Bell,Glasnow,Herrera are all very nice prospects
              You named two of those six players + Josh Bell. So, the fact that other Pirates prospects are also good is irrelevant.
              poop

Comment

• Don't be surprised if the Marlins draft someone people expect to be drafted where the Marlins would be drafting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  You named two of those six players + Josh Bell. So, the fact that other Pirates prospects are also good is irrelevant.
                  Well I also said 1 or 2 other prospects. The only 3 names I heard were Taillon,Henson,Bell. If we would have talked to them I could see them replacing Bell with Polanco.

Who knows maybe if we wait long enough some team will trade us all their Top 10 Prospects just for Stanton

Comment

• Generally, when one names three prospects, people do not assume that the unnamed prospects are the real catch. Just a heads up.
                    poop

Comment

• Considering they have McCutchen and Marte, I think you have to get Polanco in that deal since the Pirates won't need an outfielder for a long long time. Yea I know the Marlins have three young outfielders too, but whatever. Chances are one fails so hedge your bets and go upside.

Taillon, Polanco, Hanson/Bell, Tony Sanchez, and the proverbial A-Ball flamethrower with no control, is the 5some I would want. They can have Webb in the deal too.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Not really sure how that offer blew them away. Unless Bell and Hanson run really fast.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Hanson has 24 stolen bases this year. He would be the second baseman come Julyish 2014.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Now that the team actually seems somewhat talented and they presumably have a 3B of the relatively near future in Moran, I'm really hoping they don't trade Stanton.

They're gonna do it.
                            poop

Comment

• I feel the same way. Beginning of the year I thought it might be best to trade him to further restock the system but now, yeah, lock him up.

Although a Bogearts/JBJ+ package is pretty tempting.

Comment

• I don't really understand the direction of the franchise.

It's been mentioned that Loria wants to win again as soon as possible. Considering what's happened over the last 1/3 of the season, I would think he would stick with that mindset if the winning continues for the rest of the year.

If you think you can win as soon as next year, wouldn't the solution be to keep Stanton and build around him by spending some money on free agent bats that you desperately need? The young hitters on the team that have come up this year do not look like they'll become solid hitters any time soon with the exception of Yelich maybe. I don't understand why they'd just trust all the young position players considering the pitching staff they have and the RF'er they can easily build their lineup around. The team could be competitive next year if they make an effort.

Furthermore, if you don't believe you'll be winning next year, I don't know why you'd sell nothing (like the many good relievers in the organization) at the trade deadline. I'm assuming they kept this team because they like the core and want to improve the rest of the team in the offseason.

They certainly have the money to spend..............right?

Comment

Working...
                                X