2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it you that posted it?

I think it was someone else with 24 in the name. Claimed the marlins never trade at right time or else don't get the right value. DTrain sucked but someone used that as an example of the front office screwing up.

My thing was a thing off that thing. Not really something about what you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      O I forgot Henderson Alvarez has also gotten some feelers but price is high.

I said yesterday we asked on Kendrick/Callaspo/Aybar-we apparently are still talking with them however the issue seems to be players and NOT cash. Aybar and Kendrick both cost alot and we are fine with that but not trading young arms for them. Yes we want them to play 2B
      Any word on the names we are offering them/names they are requesting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
        Was it you that posted it?

I think it was someone else with 24 in the name. Claimed the marlins never trade at right time or else don't get the right value. DTrain sucked but someone used that as an example of the front office screwing up.

My thing was a thing off that thing. Not really something about what you said.
        I was the one who made the post about selling low on players. It wasn't that the Marlins never trade at the right time, it was that in their history they have sold some (not all) of their best players low. DTrain was brought up, but not as an example of doing this (even though when they did trade him, his value had gone down). I mentioned he was part of the Detroit trade when people brought up the return for Cabrera.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          Any word on the names we are offering them/names they are requesting?
          I just heard they want young arms and that while we don't mind the money part,that we won't deal young arms AND take on 30 million.

Comment

I just heard they want young arms and that while we don't mind the money part,that we won't deal young arms AND take on 30 million.
            If that means pitchers other than Nicolino and Heaney I'd probably be willing to do that.

Comment

• Looks like alot of our talks seem to be with Detroit,Pittsburgh,Arizona,Baltimore. Lesser extent Texas and LAA

Comment

Why are the Fish looking at those guys with Dietrich almost ML ready?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  Why are the Fish looking at those guys with Dietrich almost ML ready?
                  Just kicking the tires it looks like. They trying to get 1 of them cheap

Comment

Looks like alot of our talks seem to be with Detroit,Pittsburgh,Arizona,Baltimore. Lesser extent Texas and LAA
                    I'm assuming this is mostly for relievers...

Comment

• Per Kenny:

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m
                      Sources: #Yankees not getting far in search for third baseman. #Marlins still expect interest in Polanco, but Yankees cool to idea so far.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Polanco has interest from Detroit/KC/NYY

Like Rosenthal said luke warm from NYY however they discussed a Polanco/IFA slot for a prospect or 2 last week so it is possible. More than likely last option tho

Yes RP and Ruggiano have been talked on the most. If we lower the price on Ruggiano about 6 teams are in on him however at the price now No one

Comment

• Well apparently Michael Young said he would go to New York, so nevermind on Polanco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            Well apparently Michael Young said he would go to New York, so nevermind on Polanco.
                            Thats what the NYY are waiting on. If they can get Young they dont want Polanco however if Young stays or goes elsewhere looks like Polanco would be dealt there

Comment

• Remember when the Trade Deadline was interesting and exciting?

Comment

• Yeah, that past few years it's been very anticlimactic.

Comment

Working...
                                X