2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    With the exception of 15 plate appearances at rookie ball, Mike Olt has never been older than average age of his minor-league level.
    THIS

Mike Olt is still a pretty good prospect and if he wasn't in Texas he would have been in the majors last year at 3B or RF. The talk tho is Texas is preparing a big offer for Garza with Olt being in that. We seem to be more interested in getting arms back for Nolasco anyway

Like Z said Cody Buckel has become the Chad James of the Texas system. He went from being a guy who would be a 1A in any deal to nothing.
    --------------------
    We are still getting alot of acalls beside Nolasco tho.

Cishek-Boston,Detroit
    Webb-SF,SD,Detroit
    Dunn-Atlanta,LAA
    Qualls-Like 10 teams(More cause cheap)
    Slowey-Baltimore,Colorado,Arizona
    Polanco-Boston,NYY,KC
    Pierre-LAD,Baltimore
    Dobbs-Like 10 teams(More cause cheap PH)

There is alot of interest in our guys and as long as we don't get crazy with the asking prices we could be seeing alot of guys gone
    Last edited by tjfla; 07-03-2013, 04:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I admitted I was wrong about Josh Willingham.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Miguel Olivo designated for assignment, per MLB Trade Rumors.

Comment

• Giants, Padres, Rockies all among those with scouts at Nolasco game tonight in Atlanta
          Rangers also have scout watching Nolasco tonight. No Dodger scout there, not that you should read anything into that.
          Yankees also have a scout at Nolasco game tonight
          https://twitter.com/DannyKnoblerCBS/...73208681119744
          Last edited by Ralph; 07-03-2013, 07:53 PM.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I know this is highly unlikely, but I'm trying to think outside the box for tomorrow. The Marins need to make room on the 25-man for Alvarez. If they have no one they currently want to send down, technically (so they wouldn't have to send Koehler down and be short a starter) they could designate Nolasco for assignment. That would open a spot and not mess up the rotation. Then they would have 10 days to trade him.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
              I admitted I was wrong about Josh Willingham.

and don't forget how much you loved Sergio Mitre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                I know this is highly unlikely, but I'm trying to think outside the box for tomorrow. The Marins need to make room on the 25-man for Alvarez. If they have no one they currently want to send down, technically (so they wouldn't have to send Koehler down and be short a starter) they could designate Nolasco for assignment. That would open a spot and not mess up the rotation. Then they would have 10 days to trade him.
                That creates an artificial deadline of their own doing and would probably cause teams to reduce their offers as they know we'd have no choice but to trade him.

Comment

• Yeah there is no reason not to send Koehler down.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                    I loved Mitre as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                      Who was as bad as I said.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Koehler optioned to New Orleans, that answers that finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                          I loved Mitre as well...
                          A lot of people really liked Mitre, but good old Todd there thought he was going to be a multiple time Cy Young winner. Obsessed with him. Don't let him tell you otherwise either.

Comment

• http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_mia&c_id=mia

ST. LOUIS -- At least two offers are on the table for Marlins right-hander Ricky Nolasco.

According to a league source familiar with the talks, the Dodgers are offering a pitching prospect and are also willing to assume the remaining nearly $5.7 million Nolasco will make this season.

The Giants are said to be the other club, offering two pitching prospects. But San Francisco is looking for Miami to assume at least a portion of what is left on the right-hander's contract.

The Marlins have had conversations with more than a half dozen teams regarding Nolasco. They may be waiting to see if any more tempting offers surface.

In the final year of a three-year, $26.5 million contract, Nolasco is eligible for free agency after the season.

The 30-year-old is 5-8 with a 3.85 ERA in 18 starts. He's logged 112 1/3 innings with 90 strikeouts and 25 walks.

Nolasco is Miami's all-time leader in wins (81), innings pitched (1,225 2/3), games started (197) and strikeouts (1,001). He's coming off an impressive victory in Atlanta on Wednesday, giving up two runs on six hits in seven innings. He struck out seven and became the first pitcher in franchise history to reach 1,000 strikeouts.

On Friday, Nolasco threw his scheduled between starts bullpen session, and he is scheduled to pitch for the Marlins on Monday against the Braves at Marlins Park.

Miami is expected to deal Nolasco by the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline.

While Nolasco is a likely candidate to be dealt, the Marlins have no intention of dealing slugger Giancarlo Stanton, who is eligible for arbitration in 2014. The 23-year-old won't have the necessary service time to become a free agent until after the 2016 season.

Miami has been receiving calls on relievers Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn. But neither is expected to be dealt. The two are arbitration eligible next year, and they are seen as core pieces for the future.

But reliever Ryan Webb, in his first season of arbitration, is a candidate to be traded. Miami has been in conversations with at least a couple of teams regarding Webb.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• If that article is correct he's going to be stuck in a lot of traffic on the 405 soon.

Comment

• Weird, I was told we waited too long a couple days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X