2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2nd part is definitely not true.

I think it's highly unlikely Nolasco is gonna be involved in this deal given that no one is talking about it.
    --------------------
    I expect we'll get a low level prospect or 2 and that'll be that.
    Last edited by HUGG; 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• The IFA Cash trade was already done so Nolasco is NOT in the deal. I heard it was for cash and future considerations however no details were made public.

As for Nolasco it looks like it is down to LAD,SF.Colorado and Texas with Colorado reportedly offering Eddie Butler and another prospect however they want us to include alot of cash in the deal while the other 3 include little to no cash

Comment

• Amazing, the FO traded the ability to spend cash for actual cash.

Comment

• keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 3m

Orioles acquire Scott Feldman and Tony Clevenger from the Cubs for Jake Arrietta, Pedro Strop, and int'l bonus slots.

Comment

• I like Jake Arrietta. He's sucked though.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
              keithlaw ‏@keithlaw 3m

Orioles acquire Scott Feldman and Tony Clevenger from the Cubs for Jake Arrietta, Pedro Strop, and int'l bonus slots.
              Baltimore OUT of Nolasco now and this is how the IFA cash is suppose to be dealt.

Gotta think that the "future considerations" might end up being a major league player from us and us getting prospects back. Loria must love this tho,he can get "Real" Cash for cash he would have never used in the first place.
              --------------------
              It looks like u can trade IFA Slots for JUST minor leaguers tho. The Cubs who have made 3 trades already today just got 2 of Houston's Slots for Ronald Torreyes a 20 yr old Minor Leaguer in AA
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-02-2013, 01:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Baltimore OUT of Nolasco now and this is how the IFA cash is suppose to be dealt.

Gotta think that the "future considerations" might end up being a major league player from us and us getting prospects back. Loria must love this tho,he can get "Real" Cash for cash he would have never used in the first place.
                --------------------
                It looks like u can trade IFA Slots for JUST minor leaguers tho. The Cubs who have made 3 trades already today just got 2 of Houston's Slots for Ronald Torreyes a 20 yr old Minor Leaguer in AA
                Think Nolasco deal gets done by tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  Think Nolasco deal gets done by tomorrow?
                  No clue,they have offers just matter of them saying Yes. Texas,LA,SF offers involve little money or IFA Cash and Colorado offer includes alot of cash

Comment

• Are they seriously giving no thought to possibly trading Cishek or is that just the rumor? I feel like we could get a very nice return if he's traded.

Comment

• Crazy how well the O's show that there's no such thing as having too many pitching prospects.

Jake Arrietta, Zach Britton, Brian Matusz, and Chris Tillman were all considered A to B+ prospects. They were suppose to be the foundation of a great rotation that would allow the O's to compete in just a couple of years.

And sure, the O's are now competing. But no thanks to Arrietta (Career 77 ERA+), Britton (89 ERA+), or Matusz (80 ERA+). Tillman (96 ERA+) is the only one that has actually made the rotation and he's doing well this year...except he has a 4.97 FIP and a very low BABIP/high LOB% so his era will likely balloon.

And considering the fact our only B+ or higher prospect at the moment is probably Heaney...don't get TOO excited about our future rotation.

Comment

• I agree with that. I was telling someone the other day I think that I'm always about more pitching. It seems to me that we have Fernandez and a bunch of back end 4's and 5's.

Comment

• I don't agree that Eovaldi and Turner are back of the rotation guys.

Comment

• Their minor league statistical profiles point in that direction from what I remember.

Comment

• I loved the stat someone posted the other day comparing Turner with other similar pitchers at getting swinging strikes, and they all had high K rates while he's is below average. If he does start striking people out, I think he can be a frontline starter. If not though (and he didn't get many K's in the minors), he is likely more a 3-4 than a 1-2.

But yeah, not a fan of Eolvadi. I don't really see him, Alvarez, or anyone in the minors sans-Heaney as being more than a 4-5 on a good team at the moment.

IF Turner can bring up his strike out rates and IF Heaney works out though, that's all we really need and we have several pieces that can fill out the rest. But those are big ifs.

Comment

• Turner has been very lucky in a couple of his starts. I think that luck has given him confidence though.

Can't believe Arrieta was traded, btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X