No announcement yet.

Loria May Have Mandated Fernandez/Nolasco Double Header Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the thing where someone says one thing (like people should be given due process) and then Erick says something that doesn't legitimately take into account what was actually said (YEAH THAT GUY IS INNOCENT)

Comment

Fritz, you'll see a pattern here at SFM.com where something (a post or a link) will paint Loria/Samson in a negative light and usually very quickly a post will appear and say something like:

"No other owner would dare!" or "Yeah, but, you know, that guy HATES Loria so, you know"

Basically, there are a few people here who say they don't like Loria but defend him at every turn.

So you have the pattern of people hate hate hating on Loria followed by other people who say they don't like him but they're constantly painting him in a more favorable light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Jeff Passan has a really weird vendetta against Loria, so I'll take both guy's words with boulders of salt.
        ugh you love loria so much you big dumb idiot
        --------------------
        Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        I'll go with Loria here, although I wouldn't put it passed him to do such a thing
        Get off his jock bruh
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-26-2013, 06:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        poop

Comment

Namaste is pro cop murder.

Comment

If you do not instinctly react with murderous rage to every dubious fact reported about Jeffrey Loria, you are just a big dummy who wants to defend Loria all of the time.
            poop

Comment

I know art was his first business, but when you're the owner of a Major League Baseball team, shouldn't that become your "primary" business?
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

No.

Comment

Pretty sure that's not the case for most owners actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                    I know art was his first business, but when you're the owner of a Major League Baseball team, shouldn't that become your "primary" business?
                    I'm pretty sure Nintendo's primary business is not the Seattle Mariners.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Nintendo owns the mariners? I did not know that.

I would say owners of major league sports teams should rarely make owning their team their primary business. The exception would be once they have retired from their primary business.

Comment

Hiroshi Yamauchi owns the Mariners. He was the president of Nintendo, but he is retired now.

Comment

Ha. Look at us defending Loria at every turn.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                            Nintendo owns the mariners? I did not know that.

I would say owners of major league sports teams should rarely make owning their team their primary business. The exception would be once they have retired from their primary business.
                            Yup, the (former) chairman of Nintendo bought them because Nintendo of America was headquartered in Seattle. He has never watched a single game.

Comment

So really the former chairman bought the team as a personal investment and it wasn't related to nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                                So really the former chairman bought the team as a personal investment and it wasn't related to nintendo.
                                The team is currently owned and operated by Nintendo of America since that guy Hugg mentioned is old and doesn't like baseball. That might have something to do Nintendo maybe. It's why Nintendo was able to make those Ken Griffey Jr. baseball games for SNES and N64.

Owned by Nintendo of America, the Mariners are one of three Major League Baseball teams under corporate ownership; the other two are the Atlanta Braves and the Toronto Blue Jays.
                                -Wikipedia
                                Last edited by Chewford; 04-27-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X