Adeiny Hechavarria May Not Make Road Trip with Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury: Adeiny Hechavarria May Not Make Road Trip with Team

Just when Mike Redmond thought his team was getting healthy it appears more health concerns have reached the forefront.

Shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria, who hit the lone home run during the home stand and injured himself Wednesday making a throw during batting practice, may not make the trip with the team Thursday.

Redmond said the Marlins could opt to use Chris Valaika at shortstop or move second baseman Donovan Solano to short if needed. Valaika was charged with a fielding error Wednesday night.

“We got some options there,” Redmond said. “Obviously we can't afford another injury. It seems like we get a guy back and lose another guy. It's tough right now.”

Redmond said Hechavarria is set to be evaluated Thursday.

"I think he made a throw and had some discomfort in his elbow," Redmond said. "That's why we took him out. We should know more tomorrow hopefully."
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...e-marlins.html

Wonderful

Get better soon my sweet prince. We like your style.

Comment

Please play Solano at SS. That would be wonderful.

Comment

how would that be wonderful?
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
          how would that be wonderful?
          Because it would be funny.

Comment

Adeiny placed on 15 day DL

Comment

Damnit.

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 5s
              #Marlins Hechavarria on 15day DL (retro 4/17) w/right elbow contusion; Nick Green (#22) selected; Eovaldi trans to 60day DL
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Lol eovaldi

Fine all spring training, goes on 15 day dl, now 60 day dl

Amazing
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Eovaldi's gonna be out all season.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

u NO it

That's the way this team operates

And I've said it before...the strength and conditioning for this team is awful. This shit happens every year. Being back Dale Torborg.
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I'd like to see someone do actual research on this. It's easy to say that and come back with "but this happens" to every team.

It's also easy to say someone should do actual research.

I tend to believe what mk7 believes on this topic. (But not on Gary Johnson or 42.)

Comment

I mean, it's not scientifical or nothin, but a large part of my job involves monitoring and updating the injury reports for MLB teams. I've noticed nothing at all out of be ordinary about the marlins.

I would guess there are parts of every single fanbase that feels the same way you guys do.
                        --------------------
                        I think you guys just don't realize how often stuff like that happens in sports.
                        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-18-2013, 12:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                          I'd like to see someone do actual research on this. It's easy to say that and come back with "but this happens" to every team.

It's also easy to say someone should do actual research.

I tend to believe what mk7 believes on this topic. (But not on Gary Johnson or 42.)
                          But that shit does happen to every team.

Yankees with Pineda and Chamberlain, Nationals with Strasberg, St. Louis with Carpenter, Garcia, and Wainwright, etc.

Comment

Like, Johan Santana was the opening day starter for the mets. Then he just had some tightness in his shoulder. No big deal, he'll still be ready for opening day. Then it was, "oh, well, Jonathon Niese will start opening day, but Johan will be ready the first week". And then it was "Johan Santana's career is likely over".
                            poop

Comment

But I feel like we have 3-4 of those injuries a year dating back to like 2002.

Comment

Working...
                              X