1998 Florida Marlins   38-69  --
    2013 Miami Marlins     42-65  4
    Losses Needed for Team Record: 44
    Max Winning Percentage for Team Record: 0.182

----------

Current Projected Record: 64-98
    Current Projected Pyth Record: 64-98

Current Projected Run Differential: -138
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

• Through 108 games:

Code:
      2012 Miami Marlins  49-59  --
      2013 Miami Marlins  43-65   6
      Wins Needed To Beat Last Year: 27
      Winning Percentage To Beat Last Year: .500
      The Glenn Geffner Marlins record since May 31 Update: 30-24

Comment

• Don't we need a 2012 Marlins suck out dicks thread? There can never be enough tracking if you ask me.

Guise, what 1962 Met are you hoping for to suck your dick?

There aren't many choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Don't we need a 2012 Marlins suck out dicks thread? There can never be enough tracking if you ask me.

I'm holding out for Vinegar Bend Mizell.
          --------------------
          Oh shit, Don Zimmer.
          Last edited by Nick; 08-02-2013, 10:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Don't we need a 2012 Marlins suck out dicks thread? There can never be enough tracking if you ask me.

This team finishing better than last year's seems like something that would irritate you.

Comment

Choo-Choo Coleman

Comment

• Whip it out.
                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  This team finishing better than last year's seems like something that would irritate you.
                  It would not irritate me at all. I know Miami Homer has said he does not want them to do well. Maybe that's where you got that from?

Winning more than 69 games would be an incredible accomplishment that any owner and fan should be proud of.

Comment

• Daft, you make this place fun to come to.

Comment

• Thanks, Huggy. I feel the same way about you.

Comment

It would not irritate me at all. I know Miami Homer has said he does not want them to do well. Maybe that's where you got that from?

Winning more than 69 games would be an incredible accomplishment that any owner and fan should be proud of.
                        Honest question that is meant to spark discussion.

If Loria had not earned his poor reputation among Marlins fans and was instead just any other non-meddlesome owner like say, Micky Arison, the job that he and the front office did this offseason would be viewed in a much more favorable light. They shed millions that were tied up in under performing veterans, restocked the farm system with several young and talented players and could conceivably finish with a similar record as last years super expensive team. The difference being that this years version has a much brighter future and has incredible payroll flexibility. In other words, this move viewed in a vacuum without the mistrust that Loria has (rightfully) earned, would be viewed as a huge victory for the Marlins and would be universally praised.

Do you agree or disagree with that?

Comment

• If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

I agree with your statement, Mainge.

Knowing what we know now (ie: Toronto has a .459 win % and everyone we sent to them sucks/is hurt) and what we got back is working out nicely (all things we did not know in November), yes, I agree.

Pat yourself on the back for the offseason, Mr. Loria. Well done.

You're still a raging asshole, though.
                          --------------------
                          I'd like to add...........

How much "payroll flexibility" are we talking about, Mainge?

Did the team sign someone and I didn't hear about it?
                          Last edited by Namaste; 08-03-2013, 12:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

... and what we got back is working out nicely (all things we did not know in November) ...
                            What do you mean? Do you ever know in November how prospects will work out? Wouldn't that suggest people should initially just be up in arms about every trade for prospects that ever happens?

Comment

I'd like to add...........

How much "payroll flexibility" are we talking about, Mainge?

Did the team sign someone and I didn't hear about it?
                              I'm also not saying people shouldn't be mistrustful of Loria.

I'd like to add that I don't trust Loria to spend but I am hopeful that we'll be players in the mid-to-low level FA market when the time is right.
                              Last edited by Mainge; 08-03-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• I think you'd have to be incredibly naive to expect it. All one can do is hope it happens or root for a different team. I'm not capable of the latter, so just have to hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X