• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely.

Unfortunately, Loria and Co don't give a shit what you or I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      also, seems like the 1962 Mets got hot around this time right?... feel like I've seen a lot of Ws for them over the last 10 days
      Probably just seems that way because we haven't won in the last 10 days.

Comment

• ha, yea... they went 4-11 to end the month of May

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          I feel like it's hard to realize you're not good at your job when you've been bringing in money hand over fist since you walked in the door
          If you're not bringing in tons of money as a professional baseball owner, you're a goddamned moron and should probably wear a protective helmet when you're not in a room where every corner has a pad on it.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• They haven't won anything in 10 years too. I feel like Loria and Samson really want to win. Aside from the Jays, Pirates, and Royals, everyone has made the playoffs since then. That's got to bother them somewhat when they're cashing that revenue sharing check.

Loria owned teams have one playoff appearance in what? 15 combined seasons?

Comment

• If they were really frustrated, our front office would have been cleaned out by now

Comment

• It might bother them, but probably less so while they're cashing revenue sharing checks.

Comment

• Winning and making a profit are not mutually exclusive. The FO is just chock full of morons.

Comment

• I feel like there's only 30 major league baseball teams in the entire world and if you put making a profit off a team 100,943,023 notches above fielding a team people want to watch, you shouldn't be one of the people who owns on of those 30 teams. Especially when some of that profit comes from revenue sharing. The New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers shouldn't have to give away revenue so Jeffrey Loria can outbid the Chinese in art auctions. I wouldn't really call it good business if you're making profit despite no one giving a shit about your product because you can leech money off the success of your competitors.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I'd call it great business if you can keep salaries low and keep bringing in money without even trying

(not suggesting I agree with Loria and Co.. just saying, seems to be working for them quite nicely)

Comment

• Good business provides a service to people. They are making money by being the worst at what they do. That is not good business.

Comment

• Perhaps they consider it the business of making money

Comment

• I'm really surprised higher revenue teams haven't raised hell about this. At least publicly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Good business provides a service to people. They are making money by being the worst at what they do. That is not good business.
                              Good business is making money

Comment

• Theft is good business
                                --------------------
                                Insider Trading is good business.
                                Last edited by Nick; 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X