Marlins Fans Show Up, Marlins Almost Score a Run. Braves Win 2-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lou View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but if this happens in June and they get the right package (Profar, Olt, Perez, Grimm), this would give me a huge vote of confidence. I am only constantly mad about this because doing nothing is the only bad decision. Sign or trade. Be done with it.

Bonus points if they give Fernandez 5/$15, with options making it 8/$40, i.e. the Matt Moore contract. Huge potential savings. They could do this next offseason (relatively) too but why not now. Nothing is on the books. You called him up, do the deal and avoid the whole arb clock issue. Make a gamble. Double bonus points if that is front loaded 2014-15.
    None of this will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      None of this will happen.
      Of course not which is why I will only go to games this year when I have a friend in out of town and they want to see the park. Stub Hub and will slam 3 beers on way in to mitigate beer purchases in stadium

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but if this happens in June and they get the right package (Profar, Olt, Perez, Grimm), this would give me a huge vote of confidence. I am only constantly mad about this because doing nothing is the only bad decision. Sign or trade. Be done with it.

Bonus points if they give Fernandez 5/$15, with options making it 8/$40, i.e. the Matt Moore contract. Huge potential savings. They could do this next offseason (relatively) too but why not now. Nothing is on the books. You called him up, do the deal and avoid the whole arb clock issue. Make a gamble. Double bonus points if that is front loaded 2014-15.
        I actually think they'd be better off trading Stanton at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
          Matt Moore had a lot more professional experience when he got his contract.

Still prob wouldn't be a bad thing
          Right. They can even do it after 2013, totally fine with that.

But they just got to do it since they made the decision to call him up. No more of this "mickey mouse" waiting until they get to arbitration. If they want to operate like Oakland and Tampa which is their dream, start operating like Oakland and Tampa. So annoying. They have so much potential with this payroll and they are gonna blow it.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I actually think they'd be better off trading Stanton at this point.
          Probably, especially based on the lack of infielders in organization. Sorry Solano and Dietrich. It's basically a choice of

Stanton 7/$80-90 (which includes this season), and they get to trade Marisnick or Ozuna for say a good minor pitcher

or

Profar, Olt, Perez, Grimm, whom will cost $50-80 million if they all work out through their front 6 years in arbitration

You probably want choice B considering a corner OF is the easiest position to fill in the sport.
          --------------------
          But choice A is still really good. It's just doing nothing. facepalm.
          Last edited by lou; 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Well the longer we wait the more Stanton will cost and the trade value crashes. Esp if the Rangers figure out they don't need to trade the farm and that Stanton isn't a need.

Comment

I think the trade market for a 23-year-old Giancarlo Stanton who is four seasons away from free agency will do lots of things, and "crash" is not one of them.
              --------------------
              Right. They can even do it after 2013, totally fine with that.

But they just got to do it since they made the decision to call him up. No more of this "mickey mouse" waiting until they get to arbitration. If they want to operate like Oakland and Tampa which is their dream, start operating like Oakland and Tampa. So annoying. They have so much potential with this payroll and they are gonna blow it.
              Does Oakland really buy out many arbitration guys? I don't think they do.

I find Oakland to be a weird franchise to point to as the model. Maybe this is nitpick-y. But they've been super duper mediocre for a really long time before having one good year.

I think Brett Anderson is the only arbitration buyout on their roster.
              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              poop

Comment

They're in a movie

Comment

Only one thing is certain, boys:

Based on things that have happened over the last several years, it is likely that the Marlins will not handle the Stanton scenario correctly.

Rock on.
                  --------------------
                  Was Loria sitting in his normal area behind home plate?
                  Last edited by Namaste; 04-09-2013, 05:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I suspect Loria purchased the used Popemobile when the new Pope said he didnt want it. Can never be too careful.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

He was in a box

Comment

I hate this Gattis dude already

Comment

Because of the way Rich says his nickname, right?

Comment

ahehahe, I just realized I posted that in here

Comment

I would like to put it on the record that Loria sat high up in his ivory tower last night and chose not to sit in his usual seat. I guess he's not being congratulated as much as he likes to point out.

Comment

there's an ivory tower?

man, they went all out

Comment

Working...
                                X