• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
    Greg Cote is the worst though - just putting it out there
    well yea, but my comment has little to do with his shitiness

Comment

• Yeah - just for the record

Comment

• We had the 28th worst farm system in baseball.
        actually they had the 3rd worst
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• i prefer to be more positive. you say 3rd worst, i see 28th best
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Mark Buehrle is so happy to be wearing a Toronto Blue Jays' cap now that he says he's had no trouble ignoring the public-relations campaign the owner of his former team unfurled this week.

Asked Friday if he'd seen or heard the words of Miami Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, who spent three days attempting to explain his team's offseason to what's left of its fan base, Buehrle quickly shook his head.

"I saw some of it and pretty much didn't pay attention to it," the 33-year-old left-hander told ESPN.com, "because I know what I was told and I saw what he was saying, and they weren't the same thing. So I mean, I guess he's got to do what he's got to do to get the fans back. But whatever."

It was only 15 months ago when Buehrle signed a four-year, $58 million contract, thinking he was heading for Miami to play for his old manager, Ozzie Guillen, and finish out his career as a Marlin.

Needless to say, that isn't how it worked out.

Buehrle is well-aware of the comments made by Jose Reyes, who also signed with the Marlins and was traded away to Toronto this winter. Reyes complained this spring about broken promises made by the Marlins and said that just days before he was traded, Loria was telling him to buy a nice house in South Florida. (Loria denied that account this week.)

"I think that's the biggest thing. I was told the same stuff," Buehrle said. "I was the unlucky one who actually bought a house, thinking I was going to be there and use it as a retirement house. But hey, we took the risk. We took the chance of not getting a no-trade clause. So I always thought that possibility was there.

"But I never thought it would happen that quick. The last year of your deal, maybe, if your team hasn't gone anywhere and they're trying to get prospects -- OK, I can see that. But the first year? I don't think anybody could have seen that coming."

Now that the shock and anger have begun to fade from the offseason trade that sent him to Toronto, Buehrle keeps going out of his way to praise his new team and the way it's treated him and his family. Every once in a while, though, his feelings toward his former team seem to seep out, whether he wants them to or not.

"This has been a class organization, top to bottom, in the way they treat people," he said Friday, after allowing one run on three hits in a two-inning outing against Tampa Bay. "The way they do things here, it's definitely something that was missed, for one year of my career. But I've been fortunate to have an organization pretty much my whole career that's been like this. So for me, that's over."
            http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2013/st...-miami-marlins

There's more about Buerhle with the Blue Jays but this was the stuff that was relevant to this thread.

Comment

• clearly he's had no problem ignoring it

"I ignored it, but here's everything I think about that thing I'm ignoring."

Comment

• so this is apparently still up in Marlins Park

Comment

• I remember when I ordered Showtime just to watch The Franchise

Stanton is still here so ZERO issue with that still being up in Marlins Park

#TeamLoria

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    I remember when I ordered Showtime just to watch The Franchise

Stanton is still here so ZERO issue with that still being up in Marlins Park

#TeamLoria
                    what's the point? like, I dont get it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                      what's the point?
                      boobies. It's all about the titties.

I was being sarcastic in my post, Ramp.

It's a slow night at SFM.com

Comment

so this is apparently still up in Marlins Park

I don't see anything wrong with keeping it up. It's kind of a big deal to have been featured in that manner, and even if it is exceptionally funny given the context from the (even then) not too distant future, it's still something to celebrate (though that's strong and I can't think of a more appropriate word).

Production studios keep movie posters or show posters up, I don't think this is all that different.

EDIT: I guess it depends where it's currently hanging/displayed but it looks like it's somewhere inside, presumably at or near the offices or suite level. Not all that different than the club level at Pro Player where they had random moments from each Marlins season by the press box. If it's outside the stadium or in the team store or something, then yeah, that's silly.
                        Last edited by Swifty; 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Plus 14.3% of the people on that poster are still here

For now
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                            I don't see anything wrong with keeping it up. It's kind of a big deal to have been featured in that manner, and even if it is exceptionally funny given the context from the (even then) not too distant future, it's still something to celebrate (though that's strong and I can't think of a more appropriate word).

Production studios keep movie posters or show posters up, I don't think this is all that different.

EDIT: I guess it depends where it's currently hanging/displayed but it looks like it's somewhere inside, presumably at or near the offices or suite level. Not all that different than the club level at Pro Player where they had random moments from each Marlins season by the press box. If it's outside the stadium or in the team store or something, then yeah, that's silly.
                            Do production studios keep posters up over movies that bombed at the box office and got panned by critics?

Comment

Do production studios keep posters up over movies that bombed at the box office and got panned by critics?
                              They won't keep them up over something else that was more successful, but in my (limited) experience, they'll keep the bad up with the good (obviously they're more proud of one).

Comment

• I like the fact that we got The Franchise canceled for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X