Loria Pens Open Letter to "Fans"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Samson article:

In his comments, Samson offered new details on the weak ticket sales, and said the collapse in revenue left the team no choice but to cut payroll.
    Samson said on LeBatard immediately after the "cut" that the trades were made because they had to find a way to "win more games".

So which is it? Win more games or because of the collapse in revenue?

Beef, spin this for David.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/2...rey-loria.html

Again, because you fools were short sighted and sold off the TV rights without including an early opt out clause.
      2020 also gives them a built in excuse for not spending money for 7 more years if they can't unload the team......just sayin'
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      From the Samson article:

Samson said on LeBatard immediately after the "cut" that the trades were made because they had to find a way to "win more games".

So which is it? Win more games or because of the collapse in revenue?

Beef, spin this for David.
      So ticket sales were weak in November ? Before 2013 tickets went on sale ? Yes explain this one.....
      Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-26-2013, 08:44 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think it wouldn't take much for a new owner to ingratiate himself with fans down here. Not like it would take much to be an improvement.

Also, this open letter sickens me. It's like he doesn't get it. I want to nut tap him.

Can't wait for the season to start though so I can stop reading these threads. I liked it more when we all ripped on someone like Nolasco as opposed to every thread turning into a flame war because a few people have gone cray

Comment

Originally posted by Chewford View Post
          If the team is able to set up a core of young talent the average fan will think it's irrelevant since they'll all be gone by the time they reach their prime. That's the culture the franchise has created over the years.
          Average fan wasn't going to many games and prob wouldn't go anyway
          --------------------
          Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
          2020 also gives them a built in excuse for not spending money for 7 more years if they can't unload the team......just sayin'
          --------------------

So ticket sales were weak in November ? Before 2013 tickets went on sale ? Yes explain this one.....
          I think you are not following
          --------------------
          Daft:

Both reasons and whatever other talking points become available.
          Last edited by Beef; 02-26-2013, 09:16 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

No clue what that means. You're talking in Beefspeak.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post

Is there an owner that is going to want to come in and deal with the work it will take to win the fanbase back ? That new owner will have absorb that with losing money for a few years perhaps. Only someone that is keenly aware of the teams background and can fully appreciate the fan problems that are inherent with this franchise. It may take a sucker to even be interested.
              Why would a new owner have to lose money for a few years? Can't new owner come in and make money hand over fist from revenue sharing and stadium and new league tv contract even if team sucks?
              --------------------
              Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              No clue what that means. You're talking in Beefspeak.
              You asked which is it. It's both. And it's anything else they feel will be something that sounds like a legit excuse. That's how it works.
              Last edited by Beef; 02-26-2013, 10:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                You asked which is it. It's both. And it's anything else they feel will be something that sounds like a legit excuse. That's how it works.
                Oh good you agree with me that he's dishonest and thinks his audience is
                first graders.

Comment

They generally all are and they generally all do.

Also, plenty of responses to everything here would suggest that he knows exactly who his audience is

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                    They generally all are and they generally all do.

I think it's unfair to longtime fans of the Marlins to suggest that Samson and Loria are just like any other MLB president/owner.

Comment

• You're talking about a specific thing or things: the way these people talk to people and the information they share.

Don't do the thing where you take a targeted response and just apply it to something/everything else.

Comment

• I wasn't doing a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                          plenty of responses to everything here would suggest that he knows exactly who his audience is
                          Are you saying you don't want Jeff Conine to be the team president?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            I wasn't doing a thing.
                            I know you weren't doing "a thing" but you did the thing that happens way too often where you respond to something that shows you either don't understand or just apply it in a way it isn't being applied so you can make a point that doesn't belong.

Swift does the same shit.

Someone says I like ice cream and you guys will respond with WHAT KIND OF FUCKING MONSTER WON'T LET KIDS EAT COOKIES?!?!
                            --------------------
                            All owners and front offices are not as completely transparent as you'd like (they lie and withhold information to protect their own interests and also because they don't think it matters what you know/think), therefore I'm saying Loria and Samson are in all respects the same as every other owner
                            Last edited by Beef; 02-26-2013, 11:05 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                              All owners and front offices are not as completely transparent as you'd like (they lie and withhold information to protect their own interests and also because they don't think it matters what you know/think), therefore I'm saying Loria and Samson are in all respects the same as every other owner
                              This is like saying that Stalin and Dubya are the same thing because they both imprisoned citizens without due process.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• But you realize what I was doing right? I was showing Daft why his response to us talking about a specific topic and therefore implying that I'm saying they're the same as all owners in MLB is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X